PDA

View Full Version : bowel blockage or infection? help!

chl_hobbs
20-05-13, 18:18
Hi all. I really need your help. As some of u know 18months ago I had a small day op where a surgeon was looking into my womb with a camera. He ended up tearing my spleeb without realising and when I woke up they told me my pain was wind. It was very late on theu realsied I was intetnally bleeding, I ended up being told I might not survive, a huge operation on my tummy, 2 blood transfusions and in itu. I developed ptsd ss a result, and severw ha.

Well, this week I have had so.much wind! Sorry to be graphic but I have been excessively and violently burping for weeks and this week passing gas down below too quite excessively. Yesterday when I was eating I suddenly got intense sharp cramps in the area above my belly button. I felt I immediately had to run to the toilet where I passed a small.bit of stool but a LOT of gas. It relieved it for a while but every time I ate, WHILE.I.ATE it happened again. the pain eventually settled but I felt bloated all day and the gas continued.

This morning it was the same. As I was eating, really bad pains were twisting in my tummy avove my belly button. I had to stop eating and go to the toilet immediately to pass gas and wait for the pains to fade. It was like contractions high up. Ive felt very sore all day there, feel bloated and dont want to eat.

Is this a bowel blockage caused by the adhesions in my tummy from the op? This has been.my biggest fear since the op.... I really dont want that to happen.im so afraid of it.
Is it trapped wind? Ibs? Colitis? Im.so.scared and feel awful amd panicking. I see my gp tomorro

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

Sorry, my rubbish phone pressed submit!

Anyway im lying on my bed with a hot water bottle. My bowel is making a lot of weird noises and is sore in my upper abdomen area.

Any advice or ideas would really help me, I dont know what to tjink and am scared

Charlotte

Annie0904
20-05-13, 18:24
It sounds like ibs to me and you have trapped wind in pockets in your bowels. Hopefully it will clear soon. I use baby gripe water to help clear it when it happens to me :)

chl_hobbs
20-05-13, 18:33
Thanku Annie. I did have ibs a few months back.but its been fine since. Its so so.painful. All.i can think.of is a nasty adhesion blocking my bowel. It is so sore. Need to eat but just dont want to risk.it :( I also staryed my period today and have endometriosis so was expwcting my womb area to hurt, byt no its my bowel/tummy area that is killing me :( x

Annie0904
20-05-13, 19:08
You do need to eat but try to avoid foods that will cause more gas. x