PDA

View Full Version : as humans, are we all DOOMED to get cancer?

sandralynn92
21-05-13, 03:02
one of my biggest worries is getting cancer
every ache and pain in my body is cancer to me

shite, i've had a different type everyday

yes, you may tell me i'm being irrational, but it seems like almost everyone has it nowadays and everything will give you cancer. no matter what you do, you're going to get cancer

maybe i'm spending too much time talking to dr.google
but i am afraid my fate will be due to cancer, just because it seems like that's the new way to go out :shrug:

Coppernob
21-05-13, 09:26
It's because we're all so much healthier and live so much longer than folks in previous centuries. It means lots of older people eventually get cancer when once upon a time they would have died of something else long before it developed.

My advice - don't ask Dr Google's advice about ANYTHING to do with health!

Munchlet
21-05-13, 18:39
My thoughts exactly.

My HA purely focuses on cancer (apart from one case when I thought I had rabies but I won't go down that road, sounds crazy now as I type it!)

Anyway my main one is breast and I'm really focusing on this at the moment, but I've also worried about Bowel, Ovarian, Brain tumour, Skin Cancer, Sinus Cancer, Jaw Cancer, Leukemia, Lymphoma, Cervical Cancer and Bone Cancer to name the ones I can remember.

I definately think a lot of it is to do with the constant changing guidelines we are given, and to be honest it does seem that most things nowadays will give you cancer.

When I was having a chat with my doctor a while back she said, it's not more common, it's that we live longer and we are better at diagnosing it. As the previous poster said years ago people died before they got cancer and even if they did get it, the chances are it wasn't recognised as being cancer.

It is a worry and I'm trying to convince myself that there's only so much you can do to prevent it but with HA it doesn't work that way!

I'm trying to look at it now that if I spent the rest of my life, only eating what I'm supposed to (well what they say we are supposed to eat this week). Covering myself in sunblock from head to toe everytime I stepped outside, not smoking which I don't anyway, never touching another drop of alcohol. Avoiding anything with chemicals in it, not using cling film, taking any medication and avoiding stress could I guarantee not getting cancer and the answer is no so what are we supposed to do!

Just about everything and anything can or will give us cancer, wish I could be more like my husband who sees it as just a flaw in our DNA that we have no control over anyway :shrug: