PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Newbie here!

Horace
21-05-13, 14:06
Been reading on this site for a while and thought I'd finally join up. I'm 49 and have been anxious for most of my life which I've just accepted. Since Christmas my anxiety has boiled over and I get panic attacks driving or standing in queues!?

My GP is great and I've been on 50 mg of Sertraline for 5 weeks which has helped a bit but not completely. She wants to get me up to 100mg but I've had such bad heartburn recently that I haven't increased yet. I take lanzoprazole and the GP has told be to take 2 a day for a couple of days to see if it controls the acid and nausea before we try an increase or a change of med.

Anyway, I am wondering if I'll ever feel well again!

Have started CBT, and in a couple of weeks she's taking me shopping, and is going to let me have a panic attack! Apparently it is going to prove some things to me and help. Yikes.

Anyway, that's where I'm at. Nice to finally join up.

Horace

Spot-the-frog
21-05-13, 14:36
Hi Horace,

:welcome: to this site.

Karen

jelly2010
21-05-13, 17:44
Hi Horace and :welcome:
I'm sure you'll find this site comforting
J x

Mark13
21-05-13, 18:07
Hello Horace and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.

clairejayne
21-05-13, 18:35
:welcome:

almamatters
21-05-13, 18:35
Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

Horace
22-05-13, 00:24
Thanks and hello all:yahoo:

kittikat
22-05-13, 17:14
Hello & :welcome:

Only just seen your introduction thread but wanted to say best of luck to you. I hope you find the help and support here that I have.

My CBT therapist induced me into panic...I was very worried what was going to happen but trust me, it really will make you see things differently. I am able to control my anxiety so much better since my therapy...and a little help from my medication ;)

All the best, Kitti :)