PDA

View Full Version : MS worries...some advice please.

hannahp
21-05-13, 15:08
I am a 22 year old female who is totally new to this place. I have struggled with health anxiety since I can remember, and I'm having a pretty bad time at the moment. My family & partner just don't understand, they just tell me to stop worrying - but if it was that simple then I would!

My biggest worry recently has been MS. It all started when I had a twitching left eyelid and thought I had a brain tumour. Ridiculous, right? Well after I made the stupid mistake of Googling...my head was filled with all sorts of information, including MS. Once the doctor totally reassured me about the brain tumour, I moved onto MS. And I haven't been able to drop it since. I can't even explain how much power this has over my life - I have almost lost my partner over this because I have become so unwell and anxious, and I am really scared, but my mind is still telling me there is something wrong.

My symptoms first started about 2 1/2 months ago, I had the twitching eye. Then within a week, I developed a strange feeling on the left side of my face (same side as the twitch). It's not numb, or tingly, but it feels very weird - almost could be described as a tight sensation, like someone has smeared glue on the side of my face and left it to dry. I also have had numbness which has spread to my groin area (don't want to be too graphic!) and all down my legs. This is soon releived when I get up and walk around though. I've had far more eye floaters than usual, burning sensation in my left arm, severe dizziness to the point of almost falling over....and much more.

When these symptoms first started I was an absolute mess - I couldn't even go to work as I was consumed with fear and having panic attacks all over the place. I went to the doctors, and hospital, who all told me I was fine. So I got a private MRI scan, as I was convinced this would at least give me an answer.

The MRI came back totally normal, and even though I couldn't beleive it at first, I eventually calmed down and resumed back to a half normal life, and my symptoms dissapeared (apart from the eye twitch which won't shift!)

Now, 2 months later I am back here again. Randomly out of no where, the feeling on my face has started to return. My feet hurt when I walk on them for some random reason (my ankles mainly), my eye twitch is still here - and I fear that I am having an MS relapse. I am so scared.

I know the MRI was fine - but I have researched this until I am blue in the face and in the early stages of MS it can go missed, and the MRI won't pick it up.......

Also, my first symptoms appeared when I had a cold - and I am told this is a trigger for a flare up. It seems that everything adds up - I can't work out why I have these symptoms. Surely I can't be imagining them? I am so confused.

I know I have had HA for years, and fully admit it - but this time I feel something is different. Has anybody else had these fears, or can anyone else relate to my symptoms? Or just any advice in general?

Thank you :-)

Gee
21-05-13, 15:16
Wish I hadn't read this because I've had a clear MRI and I thought that's it but now I'm worried again :(

hannahp
21-05-13, 15:18
Usually a clear MRI suggests no MS...but it would be early days for me so I am worried that it wouldn't show. If you've been having symptoms for a while I would think you're totally fine. It's a hard disease to diagnose which is what frightens me about it.