PDA

View Full Version : My sister

ReissG
21-05-13, 16:37
My sister has just told me she has had blood tests done because she has an inflamed pelvis and back pain, the test came back she has low blood count and now I'm absolutely terrified she has leukaemia :(

I can't stop crying, the thought of her getting it is unbearable.

She has been on a strict diet recently and has been running herself out!
I don't know what to think :(

She is 26.

Do you think it's cancer? I don't know, she has to have tests done soon, ARGH this is horrible!

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Just found out she had a bad petchiae rash last week, this is getting unbearable. she's suffering with terrible fatigue, i know it's cancer

Munchlet
21-05-13, 16:44
Hi

It could be viral, it could be an infection, any number of things. Unfortunately for us we fear the worst.

A friend of mine is always fatigued, was losing her hair, lost weight generally under the weather and her blood tests came back that her red blood cells were too big?? She had to undergo HIV tests and tests for leukemia god knows how she did it anyway she was fine, she had to go for repeat tests a few months later and they were fine. Apparently she had become vegetarian and she wasn't getting enough of some of the minerals.

The point I'm trying to make is hers looked potentially like it was something very serious and her doctor called her into the surgery to tell her she needed HIV tests and tests for leukemia and she was fine so try not to go into panic mode.

I know easier said than done with the HA but unfortunately our mind always fears the worse and in fact it could be something simple like a viral infection. The back pain could very easily be to do with the running and the inflamed pelvis could be any number of things that us women have the pleasure of dealing with.

Take care

ReissG
21-05-13, 16:48
Thank you darling :)

anthrokid
29-05-13, 05:05
Heya,

Sorry, only just came across this. But try not to worry yourself too much, it could be absolutely nothing.

Last year I was bruising very badly, everywhere. My lower back, my arms, my thighs - for no apparent reason. I also suffer from chronic-fatigue so I was exhausted, had lost weight and was just generally unwell. When I had blood tests at the doctor I had a low blood count, as well as a high number of something in my liver function test, which suggested bone cancer. However, a gazillion tests later and everything is back to normal. There was absolutely nothing they could find. It must have just been a virus that made some funny changes in my body for a while :)

I just thought it might be helpful for you to read a positive example of how test results can seem dire, but can turn out to be fine :)