PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about hard tissue under rib cage

djsandra
22-05-13, 00:03
Hi there,
For the past two months I have been struggling with really bad health anxiety. It has mostly stemmed from my fear of having a brain tumor, because I've had this strange dizziness and feeling off balance on my right side for more than a year now. It's not so bad that I can't walk or play sports, but I definitely feel it and it can be quite uncomfortable at times. Anyways, I'm also really anxious about some ridge of hard tissue that I felt coming from underneath my rib cage on the right side.After more examination, I noticed that there was hard tissue sticking out on the left side, higher up and closer to the middle. I'm really anxious that it is a tumor or it is caused by a tumor. I complained to my dad about it and he said that there is fibrous "fascia" tissue located in that area that keeps the rib cage and muscles in place. I can't stop worrying about it though. It doesn't hurt when I press on it, and it does feel quite fibrous. I'm 16 and I've been to doctors several times over several issues, only to have them tell me there is nothing wrong, but I'm scared that this is my true cancer. I've been struggling with health anxiety for most of my life.

Mipsy
22-05-13, 00:46
It sounds very like your dad describes. When a dr examines the abdomen he/she will often ask you to cough. That way they can feel any lumps or bumps. What you describe is normal tissue. I have similar to what you describe and it's scar tissue.
Try to relax a little if you can and if you are still worried, mention it to your doc x x