PDA

View Full Version : New symptom: Upper abdominal pain after I eat

AllIhaveisme
22-05-13, 00:34
Ugh, I KNEW this wasn't going to end anytime soon. So 2 things I started when this happened: Ibuprofin once or twice a day and Amoxicillin. I started those on 5/9. Pretty much right away started feeling this pain high in my abdomen, right below my ribs and radiates across both ways. Its kind of tender in that area too. I stopped the antibiotic 3 days ago. And its still happening. It seems to hurt after I eat the most.

What the crap now? Please help me not Google. What non scary things is this a symptoms of?

Mipsy
22-05-13, 00:55
Try some omeprazole. Whenever I have reflux, indigestion, or similar it really helps. I think you can buy it over the counter now.
I would cut back on ibuprofen if you can, as it can unsettle your stomach x x

AllIhaveisme
22-05-13, 00:56
Yeah, no more Ibuprofin for sure. I do think I have reflux all of a sudden as a possible reason for chronic sore throat but I cant be sure.

Mipsy
22-05-13, 01:00
Stomach acid can give you a really sore throat.
I'm sure omeprazole or similar will help you out x

bibliophilic
22-05-13, 02:02
Sounds like how I feel when I have gastritis/really bad indigestion problems. Ranitidine and chamomile tea help it greatly for me. And yes, ibuprofen and antibiotics have both caused it for me--let alone together! Might want to try some Gaviscon, too, as that can help if the reflux is causing your sore throat. :hugs: