PDA

View Full Version : worried about glucose tolerance test result

Eek
22-05-13, 05:03
I had a fasting blood sugar of 6.6 recently and had to get a glucose tolerance test done. I had it done yesterday - yuk that drink is disgusting, so sweet, and get the results on Friday. I'm just really worried that it's going to come back that I have diabetes. I've cut out all sugar since my 6.6 fasting glucose and eat less carbs and the carbs I do eat are lower GI wholegrain or wholemeal carbs, I'm hoping that's going to help, it's what my Doctor recommended. I hate the waiting though, I don't want to have diabetes :(

Eek
23-05-13, 02:50
I get the results tomorrow - I'm scared :(

Lilharry
23-05-13, 07:03
You will be fine, try not to worry. I'm banking that you don't have diabetes, but if you do there are loads of things you can do about it. Diet is a huge one and it sounds like you are taking good care of yourself now in that respect.

Eek
23-05-13, 08:41
Great, I just found out I shouldn't have been on a low carb diet before taking the Glucose tolerance test as it can make it seem worse than it actually is, you're meant to eat at least 150g of carbs a day for three days before o_O. I was on a really low carb diet for at least two weeks before so it'll probably come back bad anyway :(