PDA

View Full Version : how long

katyjohnstone
22-05-13, 07:57
how long is before pregabalin takes to work i am on it because i have started the change of life but i am still getting aniexty i am on 3 75g tablets i started mirtazapine in feb and pregabalin two weeks ago please can anyone reply i am scaqred i am the only one with this and this bad thanks aqnyone

Tufty
22-05-13, 09:11
You are not alone Katy. I started Pregabalin 4 months ago and I believe the therapeutic dose in the clinical trials was thought to be 400mg + a day, however lots of people on the forum are taking less than this with good results. You're taking 225mg a day so well below the maximum daily dosage of 600mg so I would suggest you see your doctor about an increase. I started on 50mg a day and increased to 450mg over a period of 3 weeks so very quickly and didn't have any problems increasing. I too am on Mirtazapine but only recently increased to 30mg as my main problem now is depression as the Pregabalin relieved most of the anxiety.
My depression is scaring me, like you I have had problems for a while and can't seem to settle on medication but we will get better.
Sam