PDA

View Full Version : spasms and twitches left side of chest

davey2k12
22-05-13, 08:47
had theese in flashes a lot in the past but its becoming more frequent the last couple of days ..... getting a bit sick of everything now just wish i could lead a normal life without health worries and anxious depressive feelings .... i was actually doing ok untill this started getting worse but if it's not one thing its soemthing else i can not remember the last time i felt even remotely normal

CharlieM
22-05-13, 08:54
Davey,

I get similar symptoms. Horrible isn't it. Anything chest-related just sends my anxiety soaring.

Do you have any other symptoms. As it is likely to be muscle related, I wonder if you get neck, jaw or arm pain as well.

davey2k12
22-05-13, 08:56
iget a whole host of sypmtoms from spasms too pain and just feeling generally tired and like rubbish its an awful cycle one cycle that i think is near impossible too climb out of completely i think it will always be in us deep down some where and keep on resurfacing occasionaly i hope im wrong and can be better one day :)

CharlieM
22-05-13, 09:49
I am sure we can all be better one day. Amongst the many threads on here, there are uplifting tales of recovery.

I lived to the age of 43 without any of these health anxiety concerns. One big unexplained episode, and I have been a wreck for 8 months. I am nearly 44, but some days I genuinely don't think I will see that age.

I sometimes wish I had a physical problem (obviously a treatable one) and then I could get it sorted. Health Anxiety is just an unknown quantity and because the symptoms change and come and go, it makes living with this illness worse than if it was something that was diagnosed and then treated!!!

AceOfSpades
22-05-13, 10:14
Hi davey2k12

I get spasms and twitches on the left side of my chest and yes it is just muscle related while it is annoying that is all it is.

I also get spasms and twitches in my legs and they are 24/7 and have been for the last 2 years.

But the one's in the chest are related to poor posture that is putting pressure on the nerves (not causing any damage) just a temporary condition also it can be caused by pulling a muscle in the chest area.
And then because we get anxious and spark the fight or flight response we tense or muscles up and increase or breathing and that then puts the muscle's under extra stress in the chest area. So it is just a case of trying to stop that cycle and the only way to do it is just to understand that it is not a illness or anything like that.

As I say with HA we transfix on an illness or condition in the hope that a doctor will be able to explain something that they could show us an x-ray of a picture of what is wrong and tell us what the fix is. As at least we can explain that but because we can't see Anxiety we seem to forget about anxiety.