PDA

View Full Version : skullcap herb

megs
23-06-04, 23:27
I went to a health shop today and the guy looked in my eyes and said my nerves were exhausted. He suggested taking skullcap. Does anyone know if they are any good for anxiety?

Megs

sal
23-06-04, 23:33
Hi Megs

To be honest never heard of it but the guy in the health shop should know what hes talking about. Have you tried entering it in the search engine and see what results you get. Maybe worth a try and see what you can find out and maybe worth trying what he recommends. You can only see. Best of luck in finding some information and even better luck if you try it, really hope it works for you.

Love Sal xxxx

Meg
24-06-04, 17:00
If your nerves are exhausted then please do take a 50mg Vit B complex tablet with a Vit C supplement too as well as anything else you choose.
Vit B supports and manitains the nervous system.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

megs
24-06-04, 20:13
I've been taking multi vits for the last week or so. Can I take vit B on top of that?

Megs

Meg
24-06-04, 21:40
Yes. Mostly the multi vit has only a smattering of Vit B in .

Check how much is in it .

Meg

Elle-Kay
24-06-04, 23:23
I take Cod Liver Oil (for general health), Evening Primrose Oil (for female health), and Feverfew (for headache prevention) every day. Should I add Vits B & C to my list as well? Do they really work for nervous disorders, if taken regularly? I heard that you can actually 'overdose' on vitamin supplements (especially Vit C), and do more harm than good...

Meg
25-06-04, 17:11
Hi Leah ,

Your choice.

Vit C is reported be possible to ovedose on at doses more than 5 grams a day and Vit B at over 200mg a day.

I recommend a 50 mg of Vit B a day for 3 months post acute anxiety and then every other day for maintenance. It is the one that supports and maintains the nervous system.(makes urine yellow before it scares you)

Vit C depends on your life style. Definately recommended for smokers and low fruit/veg eaters.
I take a Quest brand combined B+C tablet.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone