PDA

View Full Version : terrified!

ItWillPass
29-09-06, 15:26
Hi Everyone-

It has been awhile since I have posted... For the most part, I have had the anxiety under control. However, I am now freaking out. I have been mildly ill for the past two weeks. Basically just an upset stomach, and minor cold symptoms. I attributed it all to stress. However, last night all of the glands in my neck were swollen, and I had been running a fever all day. Today the glands do not feel as swollen, but I had some mucus in my throat. (gross, sorry). But I coughed it up, and it was like a blood clot! I am seriously freaking out. WHAT WAS THAT??? It was bright red. I am convinced this is it, and I have some type of cancer. Anyone ever have this before?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

jackie
29-09-06, 16:12
i have had blood many times and have run my wee self to casualty only to be told it was nothing, came from my nose most likely

if you are worried get it checked but most probably if you have been having mild cold symptoms it will be a sinus thing and coming from your nose.

im no doctor but when i have went with this it has never been anything more than that in the past

does this help

jackie

ItWillPass
29-09-06, 16:15
Jackie-
thank you SO much for replying... Yes it does help. I have been seriously flipping out. I also saw that my post had been read 18 times, and there were no replies. I was flipping out that you all were too scared to tell me you think im dying. So, your reply was VERY helpful. Im going in today, but I feel like I can breath again knowing someone else had this, and it was nothing.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

jackie
29-09-06, 16:20
i know how hard it is when someone doesnt reply. once i was going to a really posh event with my husband and i went into the bathroom just before i was due to go on a 2 hour journey to dublin.

i spat up a large amount of blood in my eyes and told him i simply had to go to the hospital. i couldnt rest until i new.

the doctor wasnt concerned at all and said if it was anything to worry about the symptoms would be worse, much worse

he did all the tests and all came back normal. my hubby picked me up outside casualty after getting our 5 kids minded ( and telling lies about were i was to my mum and dad ( baby sitters)

i went there like a new woman, relieved at least for a day

you will be fine . get it checked but i have had it several times

glad you feel a little better

jackie

molly15
29-09-06, 16:58
HI THERE WHAT JACKIE SAID IS WHAT IT WILL BE ,ALSO BRIGHT RED BLOOD IS A SIGN THAT ITS NEW BLOOD SO WHEN YOU COUGHED IT UP IT WOULD HAVE JUST HAPPENED ,IT WILL BE COMING DOWN THE BACK OF YOUR NOSE IN TO THE TOP OF YOUR CHEST AND THE BLOOD WILL BE FROM YOU NOSE A RUPTURED BLOOD VESSEL WHICH MEANS NOTHING AND HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.YOU SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE A WEE BUG WHICH WILL EVENTUALLY EASE .PLEASE TRY NOT TO WORRY AND GET SOME REST MARCIA XX

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

HazyMind
29-09-06, 18:39
I have this often after ive had a cold.
I know its scary to see blood like that, i remember the first time i noticed id coughed up blood i rushed down to the surgery but all was fine, blood vessels at the back of nose and throat very sore after the cold.
Hope you feel better soon!!
x

ItWillPass
29-09-06, 18:52
Thank you everyone so much for your replies. I forgot how absolutely amazing this board is... I just got back from the dr... She looked in my nose, and actually saw a ruptured blood vessel... So, she was confident that was what I spat up. Anyway... I just want to thank you all so much... I cant even explain the relief that comes from knowing you arnt alone.

"This too shall pass..."

HazyMind
29-09-06, 23:42
Hi,
So happy that everything is well and your mind is now at rest!
I know its hard not to think the worst sometimes at the moment i feel a headache coming on and im thinking brain tumour!
Glad all's ok for you!
x

jackie
04-10-06, 15:17
im so pleased this is all it was, actually that is exactly what i had once

so glad

jackie