PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr was doing so well. Brain tumor anxiety

Shivmarie
22-05-13, 20:21
So I had a massive bout of anxiety over a month ago, I was convinced I had something wrong with me.
I was diagnosed with GAD and I am awaiting my first CBT session, however, I'm convinced something's up again.
Before, my eyes were playing up, had headache, stiffish neck, lack of focus, irritable, no sickness or nuasea or weakness. I was terrible. I had two eyetests came back fine, bar the second one found I had blepheristis.
Anywho, I had been feeling good for say 3-4 weeks, then Monday I started a new job, and today I had came on my period, however since Monday I've had a pressure in my head, and an occasional tightness mainly on the left side and the pain is mainly in my forehead, I was freakingout today as my pupils had dialated slightly and not sure if they were normal and I was just over thinking, there back to normal now but I was satin the loos taking pictures of my eyes wondering if My eyes looked odd, I've been yawning all day and had mild nausea on and off during the day, coming and going, I've ate as normal, drank as normal, in fact drinking more but I'm just freaking out convinced I've got a brain tumor.

countrygirl
22-05-13, 21:43
You are describing classic anxiety symptoms. If your eye tests were normal then its highly unlikely that you have a brain tumour. You describe having a sore neck. Tense neck muscles can give you a hundred different symptoms in your head, all the symptoms you are describing.

I have serious damage to my neck but didn't know it ( this was 12 years ago) and I had all sorts of weird symptoms in head and attacks of vertigo as well and feeling unstaady. Totally convinced I had a brain tumour!

I eventually had mri scan of my neck and bingo an explanation for all my weird and wonderful symptoms.

Shivmarie
23-05-13, 09:26
Thanks for your reply, I hope your doing OK now :)
Like i say i had 2 eyetests in 4 weeks as i was sure something wasn't right, and bar the fact she said i had blephartis i was its only really started since i started my new job monday so im thinking it may be something to do with my posture also prehaps the desk chair isnt right at the moment? and also ive not been wearing my glasses, when i was wearing them i litrally never got one headache, whereas before i got them, my headaches were very similar.