PDA

View Full Version : antidepressants help?

Fingerz
23-05-13, 01:19
So im taking 20 mgs of paroxetine and right now i dont have a care in the world. I feel spaced out most of the time but i dont feel like myself. Should i stop taking them?:doh:

Lilharry
23-05-13, 06:59
How long have you been taking them for? You should never stop taking anti-depressants without talking to your doctor first.

Edie
23-05-13, 11:47
Definitely speak to your doctor before making any changes. Antidepressants can occasionally cause this. If you're new on them it may well pass, but if it's been more than 2 months then a different med may well be in order.

Mogwog
23-05-13, 11:49
Don't stop until you have spoken to your dr. I had this when I started fluoxetine, this only lasted a few weeks. I felt like I didn't care and that I wasn't't really here, if that make sense. Hope you are ok.xxxxxx

Consider
23-05-13, 20:58
Yep, depersonalization is what we call that. I had it for the longest time even without my medication. It really didn't feel like I was there. Here's the greatest part about it, though. Depersonalization means the brain is shutting off a bit to prevent damage from stress. Meaning it's tired. The good news is, this won't last long, and you can expect to feel better soon. Hope this helps.