PDA

View Full Version : Struggling

purple to black
23-05-13, 09:47
Hey folks, I'm just looking for a bit of advice/help. Firstly, I have a huge fear of meds and basically any medical procedures. I've had cbt in the past and it was helping me until they said you've had all the appts we can offer you and that was that, I was left again to struggle after being told by my community psychiatric team that they would only help me if I took my meds, which I need help in doing, I felt so alone. Anyway, I've been struggling majorly recently with toothache and also having gynae issues (currently awaiting an appt to see the gynae dude). I'm at my wits end and have had to pay to see a cbt/mindfulness therapist privately, which is tomorrow in order to try and help me overcome my fears and at least try and get me to take my calcium in order for me to attend appts and perhaps get this painful tooth out while I wait on my appt for the dental hospital. I'm really not coping and its affecting my relationship too as he just doesn't understand. I'm not looking for sympathy just a bit of compassion from him. Perhaps I should just tell him to go and then he won't have to deal with it and I won't have to worry about upsetting him or making him angry it's just added pressure I don't need.

Sorry to ramble on.

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Valium not calcium lol.

I forgot to ask what it feels like when taking calcium?

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

Valium..damn auto correct!

Annie0904
23-05-13, 09:58
As you know I had a tooth out yesterday and at the consultation the day before the dentist said I was the most nervous patient he had ever seen. I did it though! :D I took 4mg valium the night before (It just makes you calm and sleepy) I had IV sedation to get the tooth out so don't remember anything about it. I got so anxious about it and have been a wreck all week but it was really nothing to warrant all the stress and anticipation I went through!

Baggs
23-05-13, 10:15
Valium is a bit like having a drink - takes about 20 mins to hit and relaxes you.

purple to black
23-05-13, 11:45
Annie you're so brave. How are you feeling today? Did they need to take your bp in order to have the iv sedation.

Are valium safe to take I got them to take along with citalopram which haven't taken either lol

Annie0904
23-05-13, 11:49
They take your iv just to give an indication of what your usual bp is. They then monitor it while you are sedated to check for any changes in it.
I was told to take my usual meds and also 6mg diazepam the night before if I thought I needed it. I only took 4mg.
I feel groggy today but I think that is a combination of the antibiotics and not eating much.

purple to black
23-05-13, 13:18
Ah here lies a problem as my bp is always through the roof so I'm wondering if taking the valium would help with that. Antibiotics can make you feel icky at the best of times. Hopefully you'll start to feel better tomorrow : )

Annie0904
23-05-13, 14:15
So long as they know your usual BP it won't be a problem, even if it is high.

purple to black
23-05-13, 22:39
I don't know what it is lol. Last time I had it done before my anxiety it was 140/90 which I think is ok.

Annie0904
24-05-13, 08:08
Yes that sounds fine. Mine is usually low...yesterday it was 97/68 which is about as high as it gets for me.