PDA

View Full Version : Worried newbie :(

maltahypo
23-05-13, 12:30
Hi, this is my first post here although i am not new to hypochondria, which has been afflicting me for the past 5 years or so.

I had some very rough times lately and i am now having some kind of sensation on my left side of face, namely next to lip, below eye and cheek. I also sometimes get like a pulling feeling from my neck to my jaw which sometimes also makes my ear feel full. I also sometimes wake with aching teeth and slight numbness in my face which go away almost instantaneously when i wake up. Also my left eye sometimes is watery.

I am so afraid, even though doc checked me and said that physically I am ok.

Can someone relate

aggiecuttler
23-05-13, 16:54
this could be anxiety symptoms health anxiety is horrible and i would say you need to be treated for anxiety via antidepressants etc, or could be sinus issues only reason i did not mention this is that you have been to the drs, i think all of us can relate to worrying about everything you are so not alone in this blessings

maltahypo
06-06-13, 17:41
Hi everyone. I have been doing really bad lately. 2 62 yr olds I know passed away and now my feeling on my left side of face has resurfaced. I even have an aching point in my neck on the left side which comez and goes together with fullnes in my left ear which comes and goes. Also my left eye seems tired. I am only 33 and am scared of dying a horrible death.

Leah52
06-06-13, 17:55
You are probably grinding your teeth at night, very common especially if you are stressed. It can effect your whole face including your ears. Sometimes dentists will give you a mouth guard to wear at night so you don't wear your teeth down or develop TMD.

You are 33, half the age of the people you know who died. So even if you die at 62 you have half your life left still! Don't waste it on worry.

bibliophilic
06-06-13, 18:47
I get that a lot and mine is due to clenching my jaw and TMJ problems. You might want to see a dentist or oral surgeon to ask about a mouthguard to help with it. Some people take low doses of ibuprofen before bed for a few days to see if that helps, as it relaxes the muscles and may help prevent grinding. Try deep relaxation breathing and other techniques before bed, too. During the day, a hot or cool pack (depending on which provides you more relief) may be beneficial. Also--might want to cut out overly crunchy things in your diet for a week or two as that can help your jaw "calm down" so to speak.

But if it's causing you a lot of worry, definitely go in to a dentist and tell him or her what's going on. :hugs: