PDA

View Full Version : Alprazolam any help?

Lawton86
23-05-13, 12:36
hey guys

so after suffering with anxiety for 5 years. from having times of hardly any anxiety to very acute anxiety where I darnt leave the bedroom etc etc.

Doctors have tried just about every anti-depressant on me , but I end up taking about 2 and then get panicy about taking them because I don't like the idea of them changing my brain. usually ends up in a panic attack and I refuse to take them again.

so im going through a highly anxious episode again.....and im using alcohol to get through the anxiety. not lots, but about 4 cans a day and maybe a glass of wine? so my doctor says its worth trying Alprazolam, as it has quicker effects then a anti-depressant and thinks it might be a good line to try .

Just wondering if anyone has any info on them?? would prefer success storys instead of side effect storys as I am nervous of taking tablets anyway

thanks guys

tashy
23-05-13, 23:00
Hi. I have taken alprazolam. They are good when you feel anxious but should not be taken regularly because they make you forgetful. I took them for 6 months which was too long. I came off them and now only take the odd one if I feel anxious. You can check the side effects on line as well. Hope this helps.