PDA

View Full Version : when you wake up......

Lawton86
23-05-13, 12:42
How do you feel?

for me its the only time in the day that I feel 'normal' . I wake up with no worry's, feel free, if I need the loo I just get out of bed and go and don't even think about anything........then all of a sudden the thoughts come......how am I feeling? do I feel right? is the de-realization there? etc etc and it all starts again........waiting for that 2 mins of wake up time where I just feel relaxed.

How do you guys feel?

Jamesk
23-05-13, 12:49
How do you feel?

for me its the only time in the day that I feel 'normal' . I wake up with no worry's, feel free, if I need the loo I just get out of bed and go and don't even think about anything........then all of a sudden the thoughts come......how am I feeling? do I feel right? is the de-realization there? etc etc and it all starts again........waiting for that 2 mins of wake up time where I just feel relaxed.

How do you guys feel?

About the same. :unsure:

Lawton86
23-05-13, 12:57
its just I see some people say they wake up shaking and very anxious from the second they do. wanted to see what was more popular.

The waking up feeling calm and good thing for me really helps me with my anxiety.....I always think....if I wake up feeling good and normal until I think about it, then it just shows that its all in my mind and I can defeat it!

CharlieM
23-05-13, 13:52
Good question. :)

I am ok when I wake up for anything between 10 and 60 mins. Some days, although not often, maybe as long as a couple of hours. Then for no reason, I start the symptoms, butterflies and that is it for the rest of the day. Once the anxiety starts, I can't stop it until I go back to bed.

Damn annoying!!!!

Clint70
23-05-13, 17:27
I had anxiety in my late 20's was anxiety free (normal levels no weird physical symptons e.g dread, floaters, burning nerves, derealisation, head fog) was ok for 13 yrs and in the last month it has returned.
I have dealt with this before so I'm handling it better this time round, and understand that if I just try to keep my head up and not get in to avoidance behaviour it will subside and eventually disappear again.
I actually wake up and feel the sense of dread in my stomach in the morning and am checking myself for how I feel, I need to stop doing this because its basically me rushing the healing process which is pointless as it all happens in its own time.

rb1978
25-05-13, 18:41
I'm kind of the opposite. I feel better last thing at night.

When i wake up it doesn't take long for me toremember whatever is worrying me at the moment and then start worrying again. Also i'll start asking myself "am i ok?" "am i well enough to go to work?" Etc

At night, when i go to bed, i feel best. It's almost like a relief that i've made it through another day in one piece and am safe in my bed.

damopanther
25-05-13, 20:40
i understand exactly what you mean, feel fine in morning, then as the morning goes on, mind starts going into overdrive, overthinking, irrational thoughts and dread!

jayjoe18
26-05-13, 17:24
I feel fine usually when I wake up unless I have to go somewhere which sets off my anxiety. I take a while to come round so I think I'm just too tierd to over think! Night time is a different story though, this is when my anxiety goes up, I think because I'm drained from the day so I try to go to bed as soon as I start to feel more anxious.