PDA

View Full Version : This is me

domino
29-09-06, 17:35
Hello, just thought that i would introduce myself properly. My name is lorraine Rickards, i.m 48yrs old ,married to ben and have two beautiful daughters Steph,23 and karen,who will be 21 next week. Il live in tamworth staffordshire. and came across this website in a magazine. Ive been having panic attacks for about 6yrs now,tried most things to help me get though the days .I mostly get panicky when a trip is involved Ihate motorways ,but any journey gets me worked up . WHY if only i knew.but i know that i.m not alone .Any way thats me .

yorkylover
29-09-06, 17:41
Hi Lorraine and welcome.You will make many friends here and also be given helpfull advise.We are all here for similar things so all undarstand what your going through pet.
Take care;)

Ellen XX

magicsheep
29-09-06, 17:49
Hi Lorraine,

Welcome to the site. I have only joined today, yet feel so at home.
Looking forward to getting to know you :)

x

polly daydream
29-09-06, 18:41
Hi Lorrraine and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

nomorepanic
29-09-06, 19:00
Hi Lorraine

Just wanted to welcome you aboard and hope we can be of some help.

Are you ok driving on motorways or is it when being a passenger too?

Nicola

Karen
29-09-06, 20:36
Hi Lorraine

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Why does my heart go on beating?
Why do these eyes of mine cry?
Don't they know it's the end of the world?

~The Carpenters~

domino
29-09-06, 22:08
Hi nicola,thanks for the welcome. I cannot drive on motorways and find just driving to work really difficult sometimes,just last sunday i.d just dropped of my sister in law after a pre 21st family lunch.Got back into car to drive back home and froze at the traffic lights i could not move peeping horns and hand gestures from other drivers did not help eventually got home felt like crap and cried myseif to sleep.:(

clickaway
29-09-06, 22:16
Welcome Aboard, Lorraine.

Some people do have driving phobia, whilst others just get stressed at being outside their comfort zone.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Lynnann
30-09-06, 00:46
Hi Rickards

A big welcome to you, you will find some good friends here with lots of good advice and support and a shoulder to cry on when necessary!!

Lynnann

wobily_lin
30-09-06, 08:52
Hi Lorraine,

A big welcome to the site. You will find great support on here. glad to have you on board.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

trac67
30-09-06, 10:50
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'