PDA

View Full Version : dizzy/faintish feeling when on a period

fed up with it
29-09-06, 18:55
Hi just had a horrible dizzy spell, i was just dishing dinner up and waiting for the rice to be cooked in the microwave, when i feel like a flushed inside dizzy feeling not spinning but a feeling i was gonna collaspe. i have had this feeling before and always seems to be around a period, i have just had the results of a head and neck mri and they were clear, what is it, i can not believe its anxiety why only this feeling when im dishing up dinner?

c.lambert

eeyorelover
29-09-06, 19:12
I have this alot when it's my time of the month.
I've started eating a banana twice a day (I HATE BANANAS - lol) and it has seemed to help but I'm not sure if it's just a placebo effect or if the bananas really are doing something to help.

I also get dizzy when I haven't eaten regularly so I try to eat something every 3 or 4 hours.

Don't know why you have that feeling while dishing up dinner but I've had horrible dizziness when I was just sitting watching TV. So I don't think it has anything to do with what I am doing at the time.
xxx
Sandy

fed up with it
29-09-06, 19:18
Hi thanks sandy, maybe its when im more under pressure "not that dishing up is hard" but you no what i mean, just sick of it.

c.lambert

honeybee3939
29-09-06, 19:28
Hi,

I get this alot, like you, i also get it when im in the kitchen cooking, i have to stop as i feel im going to faint, it is anxiety so dont worry hun.
I used to get it that bad that i couldnt prepare dinner, i was convinced i had a brain tumour or something ! I have suffered with anxiety 10 years now and it is one of those horrible anxiety symptoms.

I too always find the week before my period its alot worse.

Hope that helps, try not to worry

Love

Andrea
xxx

carlin
29-09-06, 20:52
It is most definately either anxiety or hormones, since you have been checked out! As you say, even dishing up a meal makes us anxious, if it happens again, deep breathes, open a window and sit for a few minutes, i have had this quite often and it used to terrify me, now i just walk away from what i am doing (if poss) and let is pass...gosh this is hard isn't it? xx

anxious
29-09-06, 21:24
I always find im extra dizzy and extra anxious at that time of the month.
Interesting comment about bananas, apparantly they are good for PMS/PMT

PMS: Forget the pills – eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.

anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects