PDA

View Full Version : How can anxiety affect a person's sex life?

Mackie
23-05-13, 21:27
Hi all,

Basically the reason why I'm asking is because whenever I'm with a woman, I usually tend to experience panic attacks and moments of anxiety a day or so afterwards. It's usually the same thoughts like "what if I've caught something". I always use protection and have only had sex with a few women (still in single figures).

I'm going through it again at the moment as I had sex the other day (again, used protection) but for some reason, I can't shake the anxiety out my head. I usually always get a slight pain here and there afterwards, I've done "pee in the pot" tests in the past and they come out negative so that usually calms me down.

What I'd like to know is, is all this normal behaviour for someone with anxiety and does anyone else suffer from this?

NeilSimpson
23-05-13, 22:30
Hi,

My brother went through the exact same thing throughout his 20's, we used to go out to pubs and clubs every weekend, chat up some women but his anxiety usually stopped him doing absolutely ANYTHING with a woman for a long time.

So its normal with anxiety.

He also used to visit a doctor on the odd occasion he did do something.

xfilme
24-05-13, 00:03
What's a sex life? hehe... thats how much it affects mine. x

Mackie
24-05-13, 00:46
It's encouraging to know that I'm not alone. I try not to let my anxiety prevent my sex life so when I do bite the bullet and just do it, I get the panic. I used to have a lot of issues with hypochondria and the main fears were catching STI's, especially the ones that cant be cured. I guess the old fear still has a hold on me.