PDA

View Full Version : panic attack and sleeping trouble

allinthemind
23-05-13, 23:41
Hi everyone ive been having panic attacks for about 6 months now.The first one was so scary i really thought i was going to die and it lasted for about 2 hours.Every since i hat the first one i just dont feel right but the problem im looking for advice on is when im going to sleep i feel like im leaving my body and it is horrible im just so tired and seems like the more tired i am the worse it gets.If anybody has any advice on this the help would be amazing i just want to get back to normal.Thank you very much for read and i wish you all well.:)

shellzie
24-05-13, 14:52
hi could you have sleep paralysis,i used to suffer with that alot a few years ago at the same time i was having panic attacks. it usually happens when you are falling into sleep or just as you are about to wake up :)

allinthemind
28-05-13, 02:05
Hi thanks for your reply ive just being reading up on sleep paralysis and i don't think its that as i can move and talk fine when this is happening. So how are you now and how did you get over it if you don't mind me asking :)

shellzie
28-05-13, 09:51
I think my lifestyle had a lot to do with it i used to be a smoker sit around the house alot worring since i quit smoking got a job and became more active it eventually stopped. I still have the panic but its better than it was from my counselling. Have you spoke to a doctor or thought about counselling or try some relaxation methods :)

owlkeeper
28-05-13, 19:00
I can understand that feels scary.. Sometimes when I have trouble sleeping I will keep a little bit of tele on.. Not to loud or with to much quick flashing pictures, but just enough to form some nice background noise and picture. Somehow it really helps me stay calm. I don't know if that helps you but maybe worth a try.

EmiliaRoseLove
28-05-13, 19:35
i have had panic attacks since i was 7. and what has always helped me is finding a comfort ideam. something i could use to help me relax. find somethingthat calms you. mine has changed.. it was a teddy bear then it wasa certain type of chips i didnt have to have it with methough i just hadto sit and think about it.

reenymac
28-05-13, 19:44
Hey all inthemind...sorry your having a rough time...I am having panic attacks just now and am jerking really badly before going to sleep to the point i jumped off the bed....i think it's all part and parcel of the high anxiety that we are experiencing just now...hope you feel better soon...I have been finding meditation helps type in meditation for panic attacks and anxiety on YouTube..it really does help.

Take care Reeny

allinthemind
22-08-13, 06:40
Hi all thanks for the advice means a lot to me and I will try some of these techniques :)

bandsaw
22-08-13, 09:49
Hello have had pretty much the same, to me it feels like a sinking / falling sensation just as i try to relax to go to sleep, have sat bolt upright and also jumped out of bed its a really weird sensation, for me i get an odd feeling in the chest area as if somethings going to stop.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

i also have some background radio or the like on as owlkeeper suggested and breathing exercises