PDA

View Full Version : Weird head sensation when looking down?

anxious_thoughts
24-05-13, 00:20
Hello guys, so if you've seen my other posts you'll know I have brain tumour anxiety, so this really worries me! :(
I was cleaning out my shoe closet today and noticed that half way in I started feeling really weird. I was looking down since I have to pick shoes up and stuff, and now I feel lightheaded and a bit dizzy, just overall a "weird" sensation. I almost feel like I'm not real at the moment. It's such a scary feeling, I hope it goes away. Opinions? :(

Mr m anxious
24-05-13, 00:29
This is called derealisation (could be spelt wrong), very common with anxiety. I've had it before, it's not nice but it will go away as long as you don't give it any credit.

anxious_thoughts
24-05-13, 00:36
Thanks for responding. I hope it's just that, I just don't like how it always comes when I look down :(

Mr m anxious
24-05-13, 00:42
Do you think about it before bending down? It won't be BT you'd know about it if it was. I felt dizzy for about a week once, it stopped once mybanxiety fixed it self on something else.

anxious_thoughts
24-05-13, 00:46
Well, it's sort of a new symptom that started a few weeks ago. Before when I looked down, I would get head pains, now it's just those weird feelings and dizziness. I know anxiety makes me dizzy and when I'm not anxious I feel fine except for random head pains. I just wish I knew what was going on:weep:

katielou80
24-05-13, 08:01
can be to do with your neck also, i used to get dizzy and it comes from muscles in your neck, that spasm etc x

anxious_thoughts
24-05-13, 16:00
Hi Katie. Thanks for the response!
I was thinking about my neck but I don't usually ever get any pain there, would it still be a something that could cause dizziness?

shellzie
24-05-13, 18:37
It could also be sinus related,i often get head pains from bending down and dizziness is something i have alot of the time caused by all the pressure,i had a sinus infection and ear infection both at the same time last year,the ear infection took over 3 months to clear up as i did nothing but worry about it.

Shivmarie
24-05-13, 18:39
I deffo think I'm going to get my ears and that checked as I feel like my nose/face is burning

anxious_thoughts
24-05-13, 18:43
It could also be sinus related,i often get head pains from bending down and dizziness is something i have alot of the time caused by all the pressure,i had a sinus infection and ear infection both at the same time last year,the ear infection took over 3 months to clear up as i did nothing but worry about it.

THanks for answering :)
I had a really bad cold that lasted over a month in February and I still feel like I have some of it's symptoms as my nose seems constantly stuffy and I have clear phlegm a lot :(

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

I deffo think I'm going to get my ears and that checked as I feel like my nose/face is burning

Keep me posted! :)

shellzie
25-05-13, 00:45
being run down will make your cold drag on and i do think the stuffy nose sounds like sinus probs mine is blocked up one minute then running like a tap the next,try some steaming see if that helps :)

anxious_thoughts
25-05-13, 04:27
Thanks for the tips!
My doctor told me my nose was inflamed a bit when he looked on the inside. I'm going to take some allergy stuff, could be that