PDA

View Full Version : Got the letter this morning

Hologram
24-05-13, 10:46
Got the letter this morning, At least a six to eight month wait to be seen by psychology department after my doctor referred me, Is this the normal waiting times? I was hoping to be seen and was under the impression I would have been seen a lot sooner. The doctor has doubled my meds to 120mg Propranolol and 40mg Fluoxetine and told me to sit it out? Feeling a little let down to be honest. :sad:

Annie0904
24-05-13, 10:49
Different parts of the country have different waiting times and I think 6 months seems to be the average. I really think more money needs to be invested to provide more therapists. I was told I would get 12 weeks of therapy but after 8 weeks was told that my therapists supervisor was pushing her to move people on. (on to nothing!)

Hologram
24-05-13, 11:06
The thing is Annie it took me all my power and strength to go and seek the help with my anxiety etc. and now am left feeling a bit silly.

(PS) Sorry if this sounds like I am ranting.

Annie0904
24-05-13, 11:10
I know what you mean and no you are not ranting, it just doesn't seem right that we have to wait so long when we need the help NOW. Have you tried the on line CBT4panic course. It may be of some help while you are waiting. I also found these workbooks very helpful http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/consumers.cfm

Hologram
24-05-13, 11:25
No I have not tried the online course's I will have a look thanks. I am probably just having a down day and things are getting a little on top just now.

Spot-the-frog
24-05-13, 11:27
6 months seems like a long time to wait. I am on a 3 month waiting list for CBT 1-2-1 and that seems like forever. The trouble is we need the help now!

As Annie said, have a look at the CBT4panic course, it might help.