PDA

View Full Version : ocd or paranoia

vekiqf
24-05-13, 11:53
Hi guys,

I am diagnosed with OCD 6 months ago...I had in the past fears that I am pedo, harm one,aids and cancer but I overcomed it without meds an GP.In November I started to obsess that I have schizo and will develop it.I read a lot on web and realized that U can only develop paranoid so it freaked me out.I started to have such stupid thoughts that I cant remove them....every paranoid thought that I read pops on my mind and it scares me ....i always say why I have this thought,this is irrational,stupid etc...after that I say you have paranoia and after that no chance you dont beleive in that.My GP told me that I dont have paranoia and that these are intrusive thoughts but I cant convince myself and stop seeking reassurance.Yesterday I was visiting my GP and after that the thought like he is against me poped on my mind and I was anxious as I know that this is dumb but why I had that thought...and then it started am I paranoid,yes I am I had that thought and after that no I am not it is stupid and not real and circle started

My question is can person know if it have paranoia and can he realize tha thoughts are irrational

Thanks

Nyan
24-05-13, 15:37
Hi there!

I have anxiety, depression and I think some OCD tendancies and I have went through something so similar earlier in the year and I know how terrifying and upleasnt it is. Literally I could have written what you wrote, you know that it is just a thought but the anxiety wells up so much you worry if you believe it etc and it just gets out of control.

I am not sure what the technical deffinition of paranoia is, (I don't want to google it as I know I could set myself off again!) But you have alot of insight so thats a positive sign for it all being OCD and anxiety which it was for me.

Are you on a medication that is working for you? Maybey could be time for a dosage alteration. Also have you had some CBT for the OCD? I am currnetly on a waiting list and I hear it works wonders.

Wishing you all the best, I know how hard and scary it can be, but it can pass, I am living proof!

C x

vekiqf
24-05-13, 15:51
Hi man,

I am in CBT and for me it worked great but I had a relapse 2 weeks ago.My GP is telling me that there are more chances that I fly then have schiz but I cant convince myself.I always had a fear of illness first aids,cancer,when I was drinking little more I had a fear that I will develop DT so I couldnt sleep normal for months

vekiqf
27-05-13, 15:36
Hi guys,

Any help pls

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Main problem is that I cant remove these stupid thoughts out of my head...I have doubt that I am not proper diagnosed.I know that it is irrational but it looks like my brain is trying to convince me to beleive ib that

Invisibletouch
27-05-13, 23:10
The Ocd bully always causes doubts and fears about everything. The fact that you know these thoughts are irrational is very positive. Im sure that carrying on the Cbt will help to overcome these fears especially if it has worked well up to recently. Maybe medication would help if you talk to your Gp.
Dont give up, it will get easier.