PDA

View Full Version : Forgot my dose last night....

kittikat
24-05-13, 12:10
Oops...I forgot to take my Ven last night (I think I took diazepam instead) but I have an awful feeling like the hangover from hell this morning, and I don't drink so I am wondering if this feeling is because I didn't take my meds last night?

Has anyone else done this and suffered with dizziness, headache, brain fog, heightened anxiety and derealisation the next day?

I hope it passes soon, I feel awful :doh:

Annip
24-05-13, 12:43
Hi Kitti
when I had the trots and sickness a few months ago i felt my anxiety rise and felt strange. It lasted a few days but then I felt ok again. Hope you do too
Anni xx

nicola1980
24-05-13, 12:53
Hi kitti, venlafaxine has a very short half life and i think your prob having a bit of withdrawal from your missed dose but things should settle down soon, hope you feel better soon x x

Katie22
24-05-13, 13:08
I hope you feel better soon Kitti xx

kittikat
24-05-13, 13:25
Thank you all...I did take an extra half tablet this morning to compensate...I think it is kicking in a bit now.

clio51
24-05-13, 15:53
God just shows you 1 missed dose and this is what it does aghh

Glad your coming out of it again.

kittikat
24-05-13, 18:58
Well bad head and dizziness all day, got the shakes too...is that normal for forgetting your dose? :doh: I feel terrible, I hope it passes by the time I take tonights dose! :ohmy:

clio51
24-05-13, 21:37
Bloody hell kittikat I'm never hopefully going to forget if that's how long and what it does to you.
don't forget tonight's. Xx

kittikat
24-05-13, 23:35
Have taken them about an hour ago Clio...feel much better now lol :yesyes: xx

nicola1980
25-05-13, 00:02
Glad your feeling better :D that's the only problem with venlafaxine it has such a short half life that withdrawals kick in straight away with a missed dose, it happened to me once and i wondered what the hell was happening till i clicked the following morning that id actually missed the previous days dose and can tell you I've never done it again! I keep mine in a daily pill box now and leave it out on the side so i always remember, its scary tho knowing what one missed dose can do to you!! X x x

kittikat
29-05-13, 10:32
I don't believe it...I done it again :doh: I forgot my evening dose of Ven last night and feel really crappy today.

I saw my GP last night and told him how forgetful I have become. He says it is because there is so much on my mind at the moment. I just feel like I am losing the plot sometimes. But I guess he is right.

Any tips on making sure I remember my meds? I do have a daily pill box but I use that for my BP meds. I am frightened I will get them mixed up if I put them all in the same box as some look very alike. I cannot keep forgetting, I hate this 'morning after' feeling, I just want to curl up and shut myself away until it passes...so much to do but I can't even think straight today.

Sparkle1984
29-05-13, 11:46
Hi Kitti,
I have an idea to help you remember - you could set a reminder on your computer or mobile phone. I use a browser addon called ReminderFox to help me remember things.

kittikat
29-05-13, 12:15
Thank you Sparkle, I will look into it :hugs: xx

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Just added an app to my phone called Dosecast so I will see if this helps!

Anyone else use the Dosecast app? Hope it does the job :yesyes: