PDA

View Full Version : My gums

robin321
24-05-13, 14:35
I have had my HA in check recently. But really nothing had come it. So it was not tested.

The other day everything was great. It was a normal day. I was discussing something with my wife, and for some reason I mentioned oral cancer. Suddenly she remembers something that she forgot to tell me. When she was at the dentist (over 2 months ago) the dentist saw a little pimple like thing on her gums. The dentist wasn't worried about it, and said she had the same thing. She told her that if it got bigger they could biopsy it to be sure.

This set me off on a bit of a spin. Of course I started researching. But my real trouble came when I looked in my own mouth.

I have the starting of gingivitis. I do not floss well. I am aware of that. And I used to drink a lot of pepsi. I haven't for a year.

When looking in my mouth I was very startled but how my gums were over my top teeth. Everywhere in my mouth my gums are white around my teeth. But over one tooth (3 or 4 over from the front) my gums appear like a pretty big (.5 cm) circle. On the opposite side the gum also appears enlarged, but not as big and not a circle.

I do not think this is a 'foreign' bump. It feels like my gums or my bone. When I touch it, it just feels like a continuation of my gum line. But like a weird shaped bone. But of course, I worry about it being more. And I read Dr Google and my worry leads to other stuff.

Obvious answer I know is to go to dentist. I will. But right now my prob is I cannot stop feeling for it or looking at it. It is like my lymph node obession. But now I moved onto my mouth. The ironic thing is before my wife made her comment, I didn't even know this was there!

And I am also worried for my wife. That may be also underlining this.

I have therapy next Tuesday. I need it!