PDA

View Full Version : Could this be OCD?

Waffl
24-05-13, 16:12
For month or two now, I've been starting to really notice some things with me that might suggest OCD. For about 4 years now I've had a wide variety of tics, which are most often some sort of breathing or head-shake tic. About 3 month ago, though things changed. I started to notice that if touched something on one side, I had to do the same on the other until it felt "balanced". On tests and exams, if I are to ever look back across my work, it's very likely that I will notice some sort of imperfection in, say a letter, that will drive me crazy until I get if fixed. This slows me down a LOT on any work that I have to do that involves writing. More recently, if I tap something, accidental or not, I will feel like I have to tap it again and again, in a certain pattern. This same pattern has intertwined in various things that are similar to that. There are a couple of other things that happen, too, but I there aren't very important. I've always been an anxious person, and these various things (including the tics) tend to get WAY worse when I'm anxious.
I am just curious to know whether this is something I should be woried about or not :shrug: Thanks for any help!

Waffl
25-05-13, 22:48
Anyone out there?

Anxious_gal
26-05-13, 03:37
Yeah that urge you get to something or else you won't feel right sounds like OCD.
I don't have it myself, but I do think you should treat it via therapy, meds, or try not to give into the urges as that reenforces them.