PDA

View Full Version : ive been to the city centre with my daughter today

Granny Primark
29-09-06, 21:05
Today ive done something i could never ever imagine doing again.
Last year I suffered my first panic attack, since then theyve taken over my life, changed my personality and broke up friendships.
One of the things i really enjoyed was to go shopping with my daughter. It was nice to have girly chats and advise one another about what clothes suited us.
Today she came to see me and to tell me we were going shopping together in our city centre. I told her no way could i do it, but she was stern with me and insisted i went, she said if i got panicky she would ring her partner and he would finish work and come to fetch me.
Well I went and we shopped and chatted and laughed together.
My god it feels good to have done this.
Next thing im going achieve is to go on holiday abroad again with my hubby and our friends.
I need to be the confident, full of fun Lynn I used to be.
Today has been a major stepping stone for me. My hubby, daughter and my best friend are so pleased and proud of me.

Thanks for the help and support ive recieved from my friends on this site.

Take care
LYNN xx

sophieunderscore
29-09-06, 21:18
Eeee did you go to Hanley? *gets excited*

Well done you, and it's great you and your daughter are getting close again. I'm so happy for you hun xx

nomorepanic
29-09-06, 21:23
Lynn

Woohoo :D

Way to go you.

So pleased for u and what great news
x

Nicola

honeybee3939
29-09-06, 21:42
WELL DONE LYNN !:D

Thats lovely news, im hoping my day will come when i can shop with my daughters!, you have given me inspiration.

I bet your family are so proud of you!

Im really pleased for you.

Love

Andrea
xxx

jacquelinehogarth
29-09-06, 21:53
A BIG WELL DONE MATE. HUGS FROM ME
kEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
Today ive done something i could never ever imagine doing again.
Last year I suffered my first panic attack, since then theyve taken over my life, changed my personality and broke up friendships.
One of the things i really enjoyed was to go shopping with my daughter. It was nice to have girly chats and advise one another about what clothes suited us.
Today she came to see me and to tell me we were going shopping together in our city centre. I told her no way could i do it, but she was stern with me and insisted i went, she said if i got panicky she would ring her partner and he would finish work and come to fetch me.
Well I went and we shopped and chatted and laughed together.
My god it feels good to have done this.
Next thing im going achieve is to go on holiday abroad again with my hubby and our friends.
I need to be the confident, full of fun Lynn I used to be.
Today has been a major stepping stone for me. My hubby, daughter and my best friend are so pleased and proud of me.

Thanks for the help and support ive recieved from my friends on this site.

Take care
LYNN xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by loopylynn - 29 September 2006 : 22:05:22</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

manmoor
29-09-06, 22:03
WELL DONE LYNN. WOW GOOD ON YE GIRL BET YER POOR ZIMMER FRAMES TIRED THIS EVENING LOL.XXXXX

Take Care

Mandyxx

Granny Primark
29-09-06, 22:20
Sophie I did go to Hanley, my god i cant wait for primarks to open there.
Mandy me zimmer frames knackered now!!!
I feel so pleased with myself today. I desperately want my old life back and im getting there now. There are still major probs I have to deal with. I just wish my kids would realise we only have one stab at life and that bloods thicker than water.
But soon il be back to the Lynn that could cope with anything and not have to rely on anyone.

tnt808
29-09-06, 22:34
((((HUGS))))

I'm very proud of you lynn. A huge accomplishment. Keep up the recovering!!

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

clickaway
29-09-06, 23:31
So very well done, Lynn.

Now look forward to that holiday!

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

yorkylover
29-09-06, 23:35
Thats fantastic lynn[Yeah!]bet you feel brilliant today.Im sure you will make that holiday abroad you go for it girl.[^]

Ellen XX

scoobygirl2005
30-09-06, 00:35
Well done Lynn! Thats brilliant mate. Told ya you would get better. Keep up all the good work and don't let anyone get you down.

Scooby2005
x x

Lynnann
30-09-06, 00:41
well done Lynn

Huge (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

lynnann

Ammeg
30-09-06, 08:50
Gosh Lynn!!! Well done hun!! there will be no stoppin u now!!! So when u comin to visit me???lol!!! Good on ya im am soooooooo happy for u!!
Gemxxx

pips
30-09-06, 12:03
That's Fab Lynn. The first of many steps hun. Well Done you :D

I'm glad you had a nice day. I love having girlie days with my Mum and never come back with much money! [:O][Oops!] LOL

Take Care,;)

Love Pip's X X

Pippa.

surreylady
30-09-06, 14:02
wow lynn im so happy for you. i know how hard it is to take that step but you did it!!! big hugs

love mandy xxxx

positive attitude brings positive results

Piglet
30-09-06, 15:50
Really well done :D:D:D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

traciec39
30-09-06, 16:35
WELL DONE LYNN
I am so very happy for you!!
Keep it up girl XXXX

luv Tracie xxx

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

net
30-09-06, 17:21
lynn

well done
that was an amazing acheivment
i'm so happy for you:D

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

magicsheep
30-09-06, 18:36
Well done Lynn!

That is absolutely fantastic :)

May you have many more trips.

Magicsheep x

If youdon't want to do it you'll find an excuse. If you want to do it, you will!

lildutt
02-10-06, 07:27
well done mom no2 i knew you had the strenght to do that
you doing grand job and you will be able to go on that hols
you doing great
speak soon
bellxx

missacorah
02-10-06, 09:18
Fantastic news Lynn both cos you spent time with your daughter and made some progress along the way - how did you feel while you were there?

Granny Primark
02-10-06, 15:55
Thanks everyone.
Katrina i felt nervous but excited. It really gave me a buzz to think id done this. Ive been out with her again today but not to the city centre just to the local town.
I dont feel confident enough to go out shopping on my own yet but im sure this will happen soon.
There have been times when ive just wanted run out of the shop and get home quickly but i just keep telling myself theres nothing to be afraid of, ive stood in queues before and i can do it again now.

Thanks for the support ive recieved off this brilliant website.

Take care
LYNN xx

watto
02-10-06, 17:35
Well Done. Nice to see that your daughter finally understands about your panic attacks and that she's giving you some support too. Its took her long enough (18 months) but its better late than never. Well done also on going Telford and Birmingham recently. Looks like you are finally beating them, which i am genuinely pleased about, especially when i think back to how bad you were 12 months ago. :-)

Granny Primark
02-10-06, 18:55
Thanks watto.
Yes i will beat the panic and anxiety ive been suffering from.
It was brought on by the pressures of my job and the everyday hassles of bringing up a family.
But i have only been sufering for 14 months not 18 months. However it seems more like years rather than months.
Having a close family means everything to me, ive had support from my son in the past which i was truly grateful for.
It hard to be on the recieving end of help when ive always been used to giving it.

Take care
LYNN xx

surreylady
03-10-06, 09:35
hi Lynn

well done for all your successes, its so good to hear you are doing so well. I know how hard it is to be the one needing help when as mum's we are used to being the care givers, but at least now they are showing some understanding, and thats important in our recovery I think. I know things will go from strength to strength for you now :D.

mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

Sue K with 5
04-10-06, 18:27
I KNOW IM LATE BUT IT BEATS NOT DOING IT AT ALL DOESNT IT!! SORRY MATE

WELL DONE HONEY YOU DID GREAT NEXT TRIP IS BRIGHTON YOU GOT THAT !!! AND BRING BELL DOWN WITH YOU

XXXXXXXXXXXXX HUGS XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

scknight