PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Norfolk

Boadicca
24-05-13, 19:31
Hello, I'm new today.
I have been taking Seroxat for over 15 years for panic and anxiety.
I have been waiting for a 'quiet time' to start thinking about slowly reducing my dose from 20mg to optimistically one day nothing!
I am aware of the terrifying stories about withdrawal and the liquid protocol for reducing dosage . It would be easy to let this deter me as I have tried twice before (not liquid) and am looking for some rational thinking around the subject.
Yesterday i was referred to ENT for my symptoms of loss of balance ,tinnitis and hearing loss (query labyrinthitis/Menieres) but i do wonder if it could be the Seroxat. 15 years is a long time but it has allowed me to have the courage to get divorced , achieve a first class degree and to live on my own, moving to a completely new area.
I am quite apprehensive about putting all this new found independence at risk by going into an anxiety state again,especially as i am planning to move again!
I also have Fibromyalgia and Hypermobility syndrome and high blood pressure ,apart from that I am fine!
Would welcome sharing experiences with others who have these problems
:)

fluff
24-05-13, 20:20
Welcome boadicca
You find lots and support on nmp! Im from norfolk too:-)

Sparkle1984
24-05-13, 20:33
Welcome to the forums Boadicca! :) I'm from Norfolk too - Norwich to be more precise. I'm afraid I can't answer your question as I've never been on your medication, but it's good to see another Norfolk person on here!

fluff
24-05-13, 20:44
Sparkle im from norwich too :-) ive never known anyone on here from norwich so hello to you too x

Mark13
24-05-13, 22:14
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

Boadicca
25-05-13, 07:31
Hi everybody,
thanks for the welcome.
Is there a Norfolk Support group or any meet ups?
I tried looking on the meet up section.
It would be great to know that when I move to get my life on a more manageable level there would be a support network in place .
It is quite hard to do it on your own.
I have found CBT useful for day to day coping but mindfulness as a way to live with pain and illness has been my salvation recently. That and sea air!
Jx

---------- Post added at 07:31 ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 ----------

ok, since posting this ,links appeared at the bottom of the page showing that there are indeed many people who are 'Normal for Norfolk' on this site.
I am looking to move to the Cromer area?
Jx:)

Invisibletouch
25-05-13, 13:50
Hi Boadicca,

I am also new today. My son is also on Seroxat, and has been for 11 years, he takes it for Ocd and is on 60 mgs daily. (Ocd often needs a higher dose). We were also worried about the stories, but in the end he was so poorly we decided to go for it and it has been a life saver for him. He decided that if and when he has to reduce or come off of it we will deal with it then. His attitude is if taking it keeps him feeling well and coping with the Ocd, that has got to be good.
Im sure we willl both benefit from having joined this great site...!!