PDA

View Full Version : pill stuck in throat?

chl_hobbs
24-05-13, 21:14
Help. I just took my mini pill contraceptive tablet, as I swallowed it, I sneezed.and now it feels stuck in the middle of my throat on the left side. I am getting tightnrds squeezing on thevleftvside now and am scared. Ive drank sum water but I can still feel something. Will ut go down the wrong tube and end up in my lung????? Im so scared.

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

Sorry about all the spelling errors,am in my phone panicking x

bibliophilic
24-05-13, 21:20
Hey! I know it's scary but keep in mind that if there IS something in your throat, tense muscles will just keep it there. Try gulping a ton of water, like an entire glass of it. That should flush it out if there is anything there. Remember that sometimes it feels like something is there even when it isn't. It could also be that it was stuck but it went down and it just irritated that area so it feels weird. I don't think it would go in your lung. If anything, it would dissolve. Try to do some deep breathing exercises and see if it makes the feeling better/makes the pill go down.

chl_hobbs
24-05-13, 21:28
Thanku. Its only a tiny pill but am scared that because ir is so small when I sneezed uts gitvstucknsomewhere in my windpipe. My nose feels sore now too :( throat feels tight on left side. So.scared. Why do these things happen to me :( hate panicking.x

sarahsarah
24-05-13, 21:50
It will dissolve before it can ever get to your lung. Have a drink of water, try to relax and forget about it xx

bibliophilic
24-05-13, 22:46
I understand completely because I've had swallowing issues since February and it feels like everything I eat gets stuck in my throat, so I get a lot of panic over it. Even if it did get stuck, it would eventually go down though, and I know of someone who had a large pill stuck in his throat and basically he just sat in the ER until it went down. Birth control pills are even smaller so try not to worry. In my experience, sometimes things go down roughly and then it feels bad for a day. Also, sometimes I sneeze so hard that it hurts my neck muscles, so I understand all too well how sneezing can cause havoc with the neck and swallowing process. Hopefully you're feeling a little better by now.

Anxious_gal
24-05-13, 23:11
Drink warm milk, or a warm drink. I've gotten pills stuck before. It's not fun when they melt slowly on their own eeeew. But a warm drink helps speed it up.
It's not dangerous. At the worst you might have a little raw area on your throat from the acid or what Evers in the pill.