PDA

View Full Version : lumps under tongue and stiff neck n tireed

boyceanxiety
24-05-13, 22:18
hi all

well about 5 months ago i had a trauma to my eye and had a massive panic attack cos i was temporaroley blinded, about a month after that i had a panic attack and ever since then ive not felt myself. i first started off thinking i had a stroke but i had a ct scan and it showed everything was alright there but then i started with palpations and ectopic beats which i had a 24 hour monitor on for loads of ecg's a ultrasound on the heart i am now on atenolol forr that but now i have lumps under my tongue and seem to have a swollen tongue and lumps in my neck i'm really scared that ive got some sort of cancer:( and i'm only 16:(

owlkeeper
28-05-13, 20:20
Hi boyceanxiety,
I understand you are very frightened by that idea! Maybe a GP can take a look at it for you and see what is going on. Also have you talked about CBT or other forms of help? It can be helpful!

hheavenlyangel
29-05-13, 23:50
hi all

well about 5 months ago i had a trauma to my eye and had a massive panic attack cos i was temporaroley blinded, about a month after that i had a panic attack and ever since then ive not felt myself. i first started off thinking i had a stroke but i had a ct scan and it showed everything was alright there but then i started with palpations and ectopic beats which i had a 24 hour monitor on for loads of ecg's a ultrasound on the heart i am now on atenolol forr that but now i have lumps under my tongue and seem to have a swollen tongue and lumps in my neck i'm really scared that ive got some sort of cancer:( and i'm only 16:(

I would have been 19 and I woke up with a massive lump under my tongue. I freaked and trekked off to the dr, it was a stone in my salivary duct. The lump seemed so big and messed with my speach so off course all I could think of was I had cancer - but it wasn't. It resolved itself after a few weeks. The lumps in your neck..... where are they exactly can you describe their position?