PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations the week before turning

KeeKee
25-05-13, 19:49
The week before my last period I had an increase in heart palpitations (flutters in my case) and it seems the same is happening this time. I told the doctor and he agreed they can increase with hormones.
I have learned to accept my palpitations a lot more now that I have spoke with my doctor about it but they still make me a little uneasy.
Does anyone here who gets palpitations notice they increase the week before you are due? If so, is there anyway to decrease them? Does anyone actually NOT get uneasy when they occur?
Thanks

aggiecuttler
26-05-13, 12:35
hi do you take any anti depressants? i take fluoxtine but still get anxiety and panic week before my period really anoying so i am very appreciative of what you are going through, do they go as soon as you get your period? i am guessing yes, blessings

KeeKee
26-05-13, 18:54
I take 1 x 20mg Citalopram a day. I was recently on Fluoxetine for 5 years but doc said he didn't think they were working anymore.
I am beginning to think my whole life is run by my hormones as my depression coincided with me getting acne. I never had it as a teenager and as soon as I had my daughter at 18, I started getting mild spots and now at 24 I have had acne for around 2 years now if not even longer. The palpitations aren't just before I am due but they are more frequent then. I usually get them occasionally but I would say a few days before I turn I get them frequently.
A friend suggested I try the Pill but I am terrified of medication and I wouldn't feel right if they stopped my periods completely.