PDA

View Full Version : Anxious Situations

poppy
30-09-06, 10:02
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on dealing with anxious situations?
I am doing a car boot sale tomorrow with my mother-in-law (we are not very close & i dont think she understands my issues) I have also heard that the car boot we are going to gets 500+ visitors.
I am terrified, all the usual thoughts running through my head.
'what if i collapse?' 'make a fool of myself?' etc
I have to leave the house at 5.00 and im also worried that i will not be able to get to sleep & then the tiredness with increase my anxiety (as it always does)
Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Poppy

nomorepanic
30-09-06, 12:27
Poppy

Certainly make sure you take plenty of food a water. Bananas are very good for breakfast and take a packet of mixed nuts and raisins that you can munch on all morning when needed.

Take lots of bottled water too.

Do you use Rescue Remedy atall as that is good?

Have a fab day! Once you get there I bet you will get caught up in all the fun of it and forget all about the panic.

Wish you well.

Nicola

Jenny
30-09-06, 13:57
Hi Poppy
I once did a car boot sale with my daughter and a friend of hers. It was in the hospital car park !! Once I got into it and people were chatty, I actually enjoyed it. We didn't make huge amounts of money, but it was a good day. I am glad I plucked up the courage to go.

Best Wishes
Jenny xxxx

domino
30-09-06, 15:47
Hi poppy, lorraine from tamwoth here, go do your carboot ,have a fun day , your not spending the rest of your life with your mother in law it,s just a few hours. Remember this day will never come again.

Insomniac
01-10-06, 10:32
Hi Poppy. Hope you enjoyed your car boot sale. I went to one a couple of weeks ago (with my rescue remedy in my pocket). My husband makes sure he's never far away. Its surprising what you can do. And the emotional lift that success brings is great!

I try to make sure I know the way out. I tell myself that I'm not really trapped. I can leave if I want to. even if I walk out. Just reassuring myself that things are not so grim, and distracting myself really helps. Sometimes I'm a real chatterbox, just to distract my mind. :D

Lisa.

missacorah
01-10-06, 12:16
Could any of you tell me a bit more about Rescue remedy as i heard a lot of you rate it quite highly. What exactly is it? Sorry to be so dumb!!!

poppy
09-10-06, 21:03
Thank you all for your replies and advice.
Didn't do the car boot last week because of the rain but we went yesterday.
I coped pretty well and just kept chatting everytime i felt a bit panicky. We actually got on really well. We made £100 between us, so it wasn't a bad day after all.
I think the worse of it was the anticipation. I just thought to myself 'let happen what will, it wont change just because im worrying about it' and it actually seemed to work.
Thanks again and i hope you are all getting on ok.
Take care
Poppy

Jenny
09-10-06, 21:13
WELL DONE POPPY.

Best Wishes
Jenny xxxxxxxxxxxxxx