PDA

View Full Version : beta blockers and afib

Chrismascray
26-05-13, 18:28
Well I finally found something not quite right with myself, after over 25 years worrying, I am assured aboyt nothing, now it seems I have AFIB, they found it about a month ago, I was not too well and as Iwas near a A+E dept I 'called in' fully expecting the usual, 'you are fine etc' but not this time, no this time hooked up to an ecg they found something, long story short I had another ecg the next day at my GP'S and again there it was. Now my question / worry !! I am on what O think is a low dose of Beta Blockers, Bisopropanol I think, 2.5 mg a day, seems pretty low looking at others on here, and a 40mg doe of Statins as my Cholesterol is 4.8 ( was 5.9 four months ago but I got it down with a slight change in life style - good ol me !!) Any way I just walked up a very slight incline, no where near a hill, more a bump , and had to stop as I was so dizzy, as you can imagine I am freaked to the max !! I have mentioned this to the Doc last week, as I was getting dizzy standing up, he said it was a side effect of the drug and I have also read Afib can also cause dizziness, BUT when I put my syptoms into NHS Online, it suggested I go to A+E straight away , I dont want to as I think deep inside its a mix of the drug, my anxiety ( had that about 26 years) and maybe sun / lack of food all added to my ABFIB, what do we think ?

nomoreworries25
26-05-13, 20:05
I have had one episode of my heart going into AFib, I was 25yrs old and it was scary! My heart naturally went back into rhythm after a nights stay in hospital, they were going to electrocute it back into rhythm, was this not an option for you? As that's usually the first thing they do, rather than leaving you in AFib. AFib does indeed cause you to feel dizzy / have dizzy spells. And low does beta blockers is usually a form of management for AF as it stops the awareness of every beat the heart is doing. Feel free to email me if you have any Qs I've read up a lot on it xx