PDA

View Full Version : Chesty Cough

GirlAfraid23
26-05-13, 22:36
Hi everyone.
I posted before about this but I have had a chesty cough since last sunday.
Its worse when I lay down and first thing in morning.
I cough pleghm out of my chest but I cant get it out of my mouth. It goes straighr down the the back of my throat, is this harmful?
I went to the nurse at my gp surgery on wednesday. She listened to my chest and said it was clear but each time I breathe/cough or laugh I hear a rattling sound in my chest. How can this be clear?

illgetthere
27-05-13, 01:47
It can be in your bhronical tract and not in your chest x

GirlAfraid23
27-05-13, 12:06
It can be in your bhronical tract and not in your chest x

So what does that mean?

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

I don't know what to do, it's every 5 minutes I need to cough up.
I can't always get it completely out of my mouth and it goes down my throat. The strange thing is I don't feel particularly ill with it.

Jacsta
27-05-13, 13:50
It may be a cold, I know the last cold I had the phlem took a while to come out even though i knew it was there in the back of my throat. Unfortunately these things take time to resolve but doesnt sound like anything to be worried about :) If it hasnt resolved in a couple of weeks maybe just check with your doc.

fruity
27-05-13, 15:39
i had chesty cough a couple of months ago and a chest infec only just got shut of it & it,s back

GirlAfraid23
28-05-13, 10:25
It may be a cold, I know the last cold I had the phlem took a while to come out even though i knew it was there in the back of my throat. Unfortunately these things take time to resolve but doesnt sound like anything to be worried about :) If it hasnt resolved in a couple of weeks maybe just check with your doc.

The thing is as I said previously, I have been to my GP and got seen by the nurse who didn't seem overly concerned.
She just said it takes time to clear on its own.
The phlegm is loose but seems to be there constantly.
I am annoying my friends and family with it too.

fruity
29-05-13, 11:21
i know. well now i have ear infec. something all the time