PDA

View Full Version : Hi lads/ladies 29m

Caldzie
26-05-13, 22:53
Hey guys just wanted to say hello.

feeling alone yet surrounded by people. I was a happy new dad and gym addict! And just sorted a nice new flat for my family not a stress in the world.

Then maybe a week or so ago I had what I thought was the end. I had a massive attack that left me on the floor at points the shaking was so server I was almost bouncing off the floor even my eye sight went funny.

Will sound normal to some but at the time I just kept telling my partner and son I loved them as I thought that was it.

I'm 29 confident male.

I can't even walk to work in one go now it takes 45 mins and I use to walk that in ten. I feel like a scared weak child. My chest kills when I go to far.

I've had one on average everyday since that day even though I've been put on propranolol.

I'm not gonna lie it scares me. And I feel I need to sort this out. It's like I've been hit by a train.

Only saving grace is I like a challenge and I will do what ever it takes counciling or classes talking to people, on forums anything.

Looking forward to helping others when I understand what I'm going though and hope to take onboard some good advice.

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Forgot to add I've been taken hospital 3 times due to my heart rate being so high I've had ECG tests and tracing of the heart all fine slight arythmeia bloods which have been done 3 times showed up slightly high colestral and slightly higher liver values I'm just hoping this is due to me not fasting.

Mark13
26-05-13, 23:07
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

The propranolol should reduce your heartrate which can help if a racing heart causes panic, but if you want treatment for anxiety disorder you may want to speak to your GP.

If you want a less medication based route then CBT can be helpful.

And you've certainly helped yourself by jopining this thriving forum.

Caldzie
26-05-13, 23:40
Cheers for the welcome mark! Will be looking in to all avenues would defo prefer a more non medical method in the long run!