PDA

View Full Version : Bowel related question

almamatters
27-05-13, 09:38
Hi bit of a tmi question query , after being relatively calm about things recently, I am starting to worry about something. I have IBS and have had half of a colonoscopy last year ( had half of one, because it was abandoned, but that is a different story) would a colonoscopy check your 'back passage' so to speak , only I am thinking now that it would not look at this bit and that something could be there and it needs a different test to find it. I get sharp stabbing pains in stomach as well and weird bowel movements. Thanks for reading, my HA is making me think all kinds of things today.

AlexandriaUK
27-05-13, 10:02
Yes absolutely, it checks the anus and rectum and if you only had half of one it would check the sigmoid colon which is a common area for Bowel Cancer, I have UC so know about these things :blush: don't worry they would have seen if there was a problem I am sure x

Munchlet
27-05-13, 10:25
Hi

Just really going to agree with jamangie I had a sigmoidoscopy a few years ago due to bleeding and other problems and that checks the lower part of the colon, apparently the colon bends quite sharply so they can only go up so far with this but it is the most common area where bowel cancers occur.

So if you have had one of those which it sounds like you did then it would definately have checked all the lower section of your bowel.

Take care

almamatters
27-05-13, 11:25
Thanks so much for your replies. xx