PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder pain/LLQ Pain SCARED

Vida
27-05-13, 10:54
I've been on a health anxiety whirlwind for a month. And im scared. My symptoms are real. Not made up.

Shoulder pain. I've had this intermittent pain for 2 years. It doesn't come on after strenuous use. It suddenly appeared. I attributed it to carrying 20lb books on a backpack. I ignored it. But now as I google I see it can be a sign of lung cancer. I am a smoker.

LLQ pain. This started a month ago. Intermittent and dull. It has sent me into a downward.spiral. I thought IBS. But I assume it's the worst.

Maybe lung cancer spread to my bowels.

Im so scared that this is the time I AM right, I AM sick, I AM dying

Mondie
27-05-13, 19:28
I'm experiencing exactly the same thing as you and it's scary isn't it? I think that me carrying around my 22lb son and you carrying your 20lb rucksack must have something to do with it.

The problem with health anxiety (well for me anyway) is that when you have real symptoms then we always think the worst case scenario. I think that thought process makes our symptoms worse and the cycle goes on and on...

I have no real advice, I don't listen to myself! Have you been to the doctors? I also think we would be much more ill if we were to have something sinister?

Bug hugs and try and keep rational x