PDA

View Full Version : any sinuses sufferers please read

mila
27-05-13, 12:34
Hi,

I don't even remember noe if it was a week or 2 or what when i started having these symptoms but it's only that symptoms are chamging slightly, i am not feeling any better. I feel like I am all clogged up, can't breathe right through my nose, feel like stuff is stuck all the way down my throat, keep wanting to cough it out or swallow it but nothing is working, my nose feels blocked up and feels like there is stuff at the back of it i can't get rid of, now i started sneezing sometimes, my throat used to be raw and tickly but that's better now, still cough a bit though, but the feeling of something being stuck there is so scary. I am on a steroid nasal spray, when is this supposed to start making me feel better... My forehead and eyes feel heavy and achy. Lats night I was scared to sleep cause i felt i can't breathe..:weep::weep: Please tell me it's normal for this to last this long...I feel like crap. I don't know what else to try except doing inhalations and salty water rinses.

Ella13
27-05-13, 17:23
Hey, I have chronic sinusitis - Have had all your symptoms at some point! Im currently on a steroid nasal spray for post nasal drip and my nose gets really dry and scabby. I get horrible headaches and eye pain and generally feel crap on steroid nasal sprays but it has helped with my original symptoms - sometimes can take up to 6 weeks for it to work so keep with it - I take the spray at night just before bed instead of during the day and has reduced the headaches slightly. Also i really recommend apple cider vinegar! Take two tablespoons in fruit juice twice a day every day when your sinuses are at their worst or at the start of an infection/cold then when its calmed down i take it just once a week, also take a daily vitamin C and Zinc tablet - i used to get colds at least every 4 weeks but since doing this ive only ever had 1 minor cold that lasted 3 days since Christmas which is unbelievable for me!

Hope this helps! x

Add
28-05-13, 15:55
I had these symptoms for 3 months last year and they gradually went

mila
28-05-13, 16:46
Thanks both!!

I had similat thing about 6 months ago and every so often and in the meantime i get a bit of postnasal drip all the time. It is so horrid in this stage though, i constantly feel like i'm gonna choke on something at the back of my throat, the whole area behind my nose down to my throat feels swollen and at night is the worse, i really panic i'll either choke or wont be able tobreathe, it makes me then all dizzy cause i am forcing my breathing..I am just hoping new steroid spray will help. So scary...