PDA

View Full Version : can you just have pain in the day

jackieann3
28-05-13, 07:43
Hi there I hope someone can help I started suffering with sciatica 14 months ago then a year after had muscles in the top half of my back torn when I started having treatment with a chiropractic yes! A chiropractic tore muscles in my back and put me in agony , so I have chronic pain in the bottom and the top of my back , the thing is the pain I have now after all this time is nothing like the pain when I first had these injuries now all my back burns stings aches hurts to touch even my skin I'm still having treatment with ostiopath who says it's all the nerves and muscle what the injuries have left me with the original problems have healed he says, what I am getting to is I sleep ok it all starts as soon as I'm awake so if I sleep all night does it mean it's not anything serious because I keep thinking there's something else wrong with me because it's been so long now and my back just hasn't got better I can't work anymore it's just took over my life I used to be happy before all this happened now I just worry about what all these pains and feelings in my back could be , it does sound like I'm imagining all this because other don't keep me awake so because of that I'm hopeing it hasn't turned into anything serious , would like to know any opinions on this please if something is bad would it keep you awake at night I need to stop worrying it's took over my life and just feel unwell all the time

CharlieM
28-05-13, 09:01
Jackie,

Interesting!!!

I have pain in my left armpit, side of chest, left arm and a burning feeling in my neck. It starts about an hour after I wake up and lasts all day. Once I go to bed and get into a comfortable position, it goes and I sleep all night.

During the day, I think I am having heart problems so my anxiety increases gradually through the day. And so does the pain.

I also wonder why it doesn't happen during the night. Surely if I had a heart problem it would hurt whatever time of day or night????

Hopefully other people on here can shed some light.

Charlie

nomoreworries25
28-05-13, 09:05
Same here with my leg pain hurts from the minute I get out of bed in the morning but I can sleep quite comfortably at night?!!!

Munchlet
28-05-13, 09:50
I've always been under the impression that if you can sleep through a pain it's not serious, if you ever look on any symptoms it normally says " a pain that wakes you from sleep" so if you are sleeping ok then that can only be a good thing.

My friend is recovering from her 3rd back operation which she had in January, she still has to take pain relief upon waking and through the day but she is sleeping fine and can get comfortable. Before she had the op she was in so much pain she couldn't sleep and had to have pillows under her legs/back to just try and get comfortable and her was down to ruptured discs that were putting pressure on her sciatic nerve.

jackieann3
28-05-13, 09:54
well this is it if someone asked me is it my heart I would say no if it was going to happen it would it wouldn't wait till your awake but because of this health anxiety I cant make myself believe its nothing serious , I know its all never ending I do say to myself well it didn't wake me up so it cant be bad but then I think well whet if it is ,its crazy and at the end of the day the pain is still there .if I was answering the last 2 posts I would say it is proberbly our health anxiety making the pain worse but I cant seem to except it myself , I wish you both well and just hope this all goes away .xxx

CharlieM
28-05-13, 10:09
Good replies :)

I think we all know that our physical symptoms are anxiety related. We also agree it is very difficult to accept this about our own pain, but fairly easy to say it about other people's pain.

The pain is real though, and therefore needs to be treated. My problem is that I don't know how to get rid of the pain. I have now been awake for 2 hours and it is back. As a result, my anxiety is up, butterflies and sweating.

I want to get on with my day, but it is so hard. Going to have a bath and then go out. I'll plough on with my day and see how it goes.

Thanks for your replies.

Charlie

jackieann3
28-05-13, 10:16
well I have always thought the same munchet if it don't keep you awake its fine iv just got to tell myself that and believe it ,yes mine is disc problem as well and now got injury to my upper back so only known pain for about 14 months but as its all healing im getting so many other different pains and feelings I didn't have before,i wish you well xxx

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Charlie I know what you mean cant get rid of my pain either I do the same get ready and go out and get on with things but doing everything in pain all the time is hard work as you know , nice to hear from people who understand wish you well xx