PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Shar
30-09-06, 23:13
Am so glad to have found this site. I was beginning to think that there was something seriously wrong with me! I am finding it difficult to walk anywhere on my own in fear of falling. My legs go to jelly and I get tingles down my back. I feel like my body is somehow pulling me to one side and I feel that I need someone or something to prop me up to help me balance. I know that this is a form of panic or anxiety as I am fine after a couple of drinks to give me confidence. (In moderation of course!)
I am determined not to let this beat me and I feel that finding this site will bring me the help and support I need to combat these anxiety attacks.
If anyone has any advice to help, then it would be very much appreciated!
Thank you,
Shar:)

yorkylover
30-09-06, 23:53
Hi Shar and welcome to the forum.You will get some helpfull advise here and make many friends.Anxiety can have many symptoms as you have realised.Its ok to drink but be carefull, drinking for confidence you can start to depend on it.My brother is an alcoholic,he started drinking for confidence.
take care;)

Ellen XX

surreylady
30-09-06, 23:56
hi shar

welcome to the forum. I am sure you will get lots of positive help and advice here.

mandy xx

positive attitude brings positive results

clickaway
01-10-06, 00:37
Hi Shar and welcome.

I can relate to your feelings. I usually got so insecure when walking down the road - I would not walk very fast, had hand in pocket with my head down. At least I can walk with more confidence now, but have not yet started to run!

I have also experienced jelly legs and hopefully this particular symptom will pass. Some anxiety symptoms pass, whilst others linger.

My advice to you is to keep getting out of the house, however bad your legs feel. It is all in the mind and you have to convince your mind that you can win over

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

magicsheep
01-10-06, 08:13
Hi Shar,

Welcome to the site. Coming together like this and passing on advice and support will help us all think clearly and with a positive attitude.

Love Magicsheep x

If you don't want to do it you'll find an excuse. If you want to do it, you will!

manmoor
01-10-06, 10:45
Hi Shar,

A big warm welcome to you. You will gets lots of support here. We are all here for each other.

Take Care

Mandyxx

trac67
01-10-06, 11:49
Hi Shar,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Shar
01-10-06, 12:09
Thank you all for your welcome and encouraging words! Seems like such a friendly site and I am sure it will help me build my confidence. It helps just to know that I am not the only one going through this.
Thanks again,
Shar.:)

polly daydream
01-10-06, 18:47
Hi Shar and welcome to the forum.

Polly

nomorepanic
01-10-06, 19:22
Hi Shar

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

Piglet
01-10-06, 19:59
A big welcome to the site :)

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.