PDA

View Full Version : uti :-(

fluff
28-05-13, 11:43
I have just found out ive got a uti having to get antibiotics ive felt ill on and off for 3 weeks will I be ok I worried about it going to kidneys as felt so sick :-(

Shivmarie
28-05-13, 11:50
Hiya, sprry to hear your unwell,
what symtoms were you having? im feeling really nauseous and stuff but no kidney pain x

fluff
28-05-13, 11:58
Nausea and fatigue and needed to pee loads ive felt rubbish for 3 weeks:-/ have you got one aswell?

Shivmarie
28-05-13, 12:44
i think i may have, as i feel really run down, similar to how i felt when i had an upper UTI then again i ad big anxiety problems too. I have been going the loo more, and the nausea was quite bad today, also had constipation which wasnt nice.
Im going to the walk in centre from work i think to get checked out. I've not long got over a virus and i think perhaps its not cleared up?!?
did you have kidney pain? the last time i had a uti i never :s

fluff
28-05-13, 12:48
No kidney pain thankgoodness :-)
Im sorry you havnt felt well let me know how you get on things like this feel so much worse with anxiety dont they xxx

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

Ive actually also felt really mental with this aswell lol

Shivmarie
28-05-13, 13:35
I will let you know, as i felt really mental with it also, its been a real struggle but similar to last time i had it, the nausea has wore off slightly, but im still getting checked out x

fluff
28-05-13, 13:38
Yes my nausea wore off abit yesterday. God these are awful arnt they im drinking cranberry juice aswell thst helps still have headache aswell

Shivmarie
28-05-13, 14:25
yeah my headaches are very tension-like, forehead pressure etc.
Im yet to go docs about them though so i cant confirm but they just feel like it.
will keep you posted, im still eating ok so thats a good sign x

fluff
28-05-13, 14:46
Yes thats good ive eaten better today so thats good too I feel scared x

Shivmarie
28-05-13, 15:31
I think i should hopefully feel better after some medical advise, i called 111 sunday and she said it sounded very sinus's but still i will feel better once they've checked my temp and BP and stuff, im going to ask them to test my urine, aswell as shine that light in my eyes to make sure theyre all ok.
So worried xx

fluff
28-05-13, 17:34
You poor thing im takeing my antibiotics feel fine they had to give me ones which dont heighten anxiety lol im not even going to look at side effects x

owlkeeper
28-05-13, 19:49
We've been having the same for the past weeks.. lol :) Hope you get better soon!!!

fluff
28-05-13, 19:57
Thankyou :-) im sure I be ok at first I thought it may kill me lol

Shivmarie
28-05-13, 20:31
Hi fluff
I went to the walk in centre, no water infection, no high bp, no temp, checked my tummy,my chest, did a full neuro exam. All came back fine. Basically it's all my anxiety. I'm so upset not because I'm ok lol, but because I'm so stressed out and fed up and it's all because of that crappy anxiety xx

fluff
28-05-13, 20:50
Well im glad you ok :-)
Your anxiety must be really high you hope you feel better soon xx

Shivmarie
28-05-13, 21:13
Thank you fluff.
Yeah I guess it must be as I felt / feel awful :-( xx

shaunnajadelle
29-05-13, 23:43
I've only ever had one water infection, it was about 6 months ago.. I didn't pee any more than usual or anything, the only symptoms I had was intense pain in my lower back/kidneys for about 2 weeks.. Didn't feel myself, I felt like I was detached from my body, Was awful, I went to doctor and told him my worries about it being kidney based rather than lower down but he said UTIs come with all kinds of symptoms and he's been a GP for 35 years and only ever had one complication from this kind of infection and even then the lady ended up being fine :-) Only prob with mine was the antibiotics made me lose my appetite completely!