PDA

View Full Version : Smear and mirena check tomo, so scared :-( !!!

keel
28-05-13, 13:25
hi everyone i am praying someone can put my mind at rest, i have been on the mirena coil for 3 years and not really had any problems, but 2 weeks ago i started getting brown discharge and it has still not stopped, i went to the doctors and panicked when he said my smear was over due by 12 months :-( and to get that done along with some swabs, i am now petrified that the brown discharge, period pains and back ache i have recently been getting is because my smear is late as he said it could not be anything to do with my coil as i have not had a problem in 3 years with it, i can't sleep and keep having panic attacks, i am literally trembling with fear. I am scared i have left it to late.
has anyone had problems with the mirena coil after it being there so long?
Thank you for taking the time to read x

aggiecuttler
28-05-13, 17:35
sorry can not give you any advice re coil, but you could have an infection which could cause discharge, its not ovulation is it, i pass a little browny blood type mucus when i ovulate it might be this? the main thing is that you are getting the smear done and you are doing everything right now so stop beating yourself up and say i am doing all i can do to help myself, so take care good luck at the drs blessings