PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin Joint Pain and Stiffness

Antenna Man
28-05-13, 17:57
Hi,
I have been on Pregabalin for about 6 weeks now and am currently on 300mg per day. I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that my hands and wrists feel very stiff and painful to move and I am getting a lot of cramp like pain in my feet. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Chris

hanshan
30-05-13, 05:01
I have had leg weakness, which increases the longer I am standing. This is sometimes associated with a cramp-like feeling in my lower calves. This is only when I am standing or walking - I don't feel anything when sitting.

Of course, there could be some other cause, but it started at almost the same time that I began pregabalin. Also, it improves during the day. For other reasons, I take my daily dose in the evening, so levels are dropping during the afternoon.

I can't stop pregabalin to see the effect, because whenever I have accidentally missed my daily dose, my anxiety has quickly returned.

Tufty
30-05-13, 13:28
I'm on Mirtazapine and Pregabalin and have pain in my wrists, hips and thumb joints and generally ache all over. I started the Pregabalin first and don't remember getting the pain until I introduced Mirtazapine. Pregabalin is used for nerve pain so I wouldn't of thought it would cause pain BUT we all react differently and if you think it's down to the Pregabalin you can wait and see if it settles down or reduce the dose to see if that helps.

Is it helping with anxiety and panic? and are you on any other drugs that could be causing the pain?

SarahH
30-05-13, 22:07
quick reply.....Hip pain and stiffness...especially after sitting for a long period!

hanshan
31-05-13, 10:12
For me, pregabalin has had such a beneficial effect on my anxiety that I'm willing to accept some ongoing side effects. But it's a trade-off, and one everyone has to evaluate for themself.