PDA

View Full Version : blood clot test positive bur they wont scan

chl_hobbs
28-05-13, 18:58
Hi all

My nightmare has come true. I went to a&e today feeling short of breath and pain in chest.they did a d dimer blood test to check for clots and it was.354. This is 54 over the threshold. They did a lung scan which was normal and sent me home.

BUT I didnt remember to tell them that my leg has been hurting for. Days. Since saturday. Its been pulling on my inner thigh and I have pain in my hip and inner groin. I put this down to sciatica but now the whole thigh hurts. Theres no swelling or redness. Im so scared I have a dvt im scared. What do.i do? How do.i.know if this is sciatica or dvt and the d dimer is saying a do have the clot?

Charlotte

Freaked
28-05-13, 19:22
Go back or go somewhere else if you're really scared. You're probably fine if they didn't think the blood test was cause for alarm without anything showing up in the scan, and presumably something would have if the thing in your leg was related to shortness of breath and chest pains? But I'm not sure how these things work and there's no use being freaked out; if I were you, and granted I'm a chicken, I'd go and get someone to look at my leg.

chl_hobbs
28-05-13, 20:33
Ive been ringing and ringing the medical unit I was seen on and they are closed! I rang a+e theybsaid ring the unit!!!! Now im going to urgent care but I dont know.what theyll be able.to do tonight :( am in so much pain all around my right groin area and all down my leg. Still no swelling or redness. I am feeling so alone x