PDA

View Full Version : In Pain.

megan_xox
28-05-13, 20:20
Hey all!

I came to this forum for a little bit of reassurance, because I've been worrying myself sick over the last week or so and nothing seems to be helping. I'm a nineteen year old female whose been experiencing pain in my chest (above my breasts), left shoulder blade, my spine, my left side and my left hip. It also feels as though I have pain in my kidney, but I'm not sure whether that pain is coming from the muscles around it.

I went to the doctors a few days ago and they checked me over and told me that they think I have scoliosis, which could be causing the pain I'm experiencing. They also think I suffer from depression and anxiety, which could be making the pain worse. I had blood tests done today, just to check my thyroid and see whether I have depression, and they've filled me in for an X-Ray next Tuesday. But today I was in an incredible amount of pain, with a burning sensation in my shoulder blades.

I phoned the doctors and they phoned me back and I had a lovely man on the other end of the line who was talking me through my problems, and has decided to take over from my original doctor because it seems as though my depression and anxiety is worse than they thought. He thinks that my pain is radiating from possible scoliosis, and this is affecting the muscles around my spine and down my body. He's offered to see me on Friday with a really early appointment so that we can sit and talk for a while, longer than the average appointment time (which is ten minutes) so that he can basically act as a therapist and try to reassure me.

In the meanwhile, though, has anybody else ever experienced this? What did it turn out to be? I'm really panicking and can't seem to stop. Any help would be appreciated!