PDA

View Full Version : Medication for dentist appointment

UKGirl1989
29-05-13, 10:30
Hi, Im new to this forum and come here in desperate need of some advice. I have an extreme phobia of the Dentist especially the Dentist drill and its noise. I can get into the room but its the drill noise and vibration that feaks me out. I used to be able to deal with the drill however since a traumatic experience at the Hosptial Dentist i cant even walk past a construction site without freaking out because of the drill. Im not very sensitive to loud noises. The hosptial seem to use a different drill, much louder?. The top of my tooth broke away after my wisdom tooth came through which left a little above the gum line and the rest below. They had to cut me, alot of blood, horrible. Since then i have not stepped foot near the dentist drill. I now need to have a crown done due to a fracture in my tooth where i had a filling. The filling has come out along with one side of my molar at the bottom.

I need to take some sort of medication to get me through this appointment as i cant leave it. I went to my GP and she gave me 10MG of Diazepan to take an hour before, however that didnt effect me so i didnt have the work done as i was too panicky. Does anyone know of anything else i can try? Im really quite desperate. I have heard maybe Codeine and 10mg of Diazepan might work but im not sure as my gp only gave me the Diazepam. I also hoping i can have my headphones and music playing to somehow try and distract me from it.

Any advice would really help, thanks