PDA

View Full Version : Been to Dr

Munchlet
29-05-13, 12:25
So I've seen the doctor about my breast concerns and she did a thorough breast exam and checked all lymph nodes and said perfectly normal.

She said I have slightly more breast tissue on one side than the other which is very normal and common, but she said it would probably feel tender to push on which again is normal and that's another thing that distinguishes it from anything worrying.

I was so relieved one of my concerns was that I have a bit of a tender area on one side and it was exactly where she said the breast tissue is. I asked her if this is concerning and she said absolutely not, she said cancer is not painful unless it is very advanced and breasts are by nature tender, especially nearer periods.

She also said all of the risk factors I was worrying about were rubbish and that for years they have been saying one thing or another causes breast cancer and in her opinion and through experience the only significant risk factor was a strong family history.

I said that I'd read it can be painful, she said she would like to disable google on my computer as breast cancer was not until the later stages and in anyone with HA breast cancer would not reach the later stages without being detected.

So I feel better, I told her all my concerns and she has reassured me greatly, she has also told me to go on something called "Mind Gym" which she said is a really good way of using up some of my spare time rather than googling symptoms so I'm going to give it a go.

Just wanted to post as I know a few of us have been concerned about pain and she was so adamant it wasnt' and she is the well woman doctor at our surgery. I have to say it was also the most thorough breast exam I've had.

Darren1
29-05-13, 12:48
That is really good news Munchlet! It must be so nice to have such a reassuring Doctor. Sounds like you have had a THOROUGH examination and everything is fine!!! Which is great!! I was concerned about testicular cancer a few years ago and the doctor told me quite brunt to ignore the websites and that GPs are VERY good at spotting cancer and that it is usually obvious.

My current GP has no consideration for my HA - I told him last week I get very anxious about health issues and he told me it was GOOD to be anxious about health issues and get them seen to because a lot of people don't.

Fingers crossed this iron level issue I have is minor and could be simply down to diet - my partner has been cooking a lot of vegeterian meals lately and normally we are meat eaters everyday.

almamatters
29-05-13, 19:06
Glad your appointment went well for you xx

Shivmarie
29-05-13, 19:10
That's great news :-)