PDA

View Full Version : worried about a brain tumor

jdarlin20
29-05-13, 18:39
Hello. Im new to this. Im a relatively healthy 31 yr old female, mother of 4. Full time pediatric nurse. About a month ago, i had a nasty cold and began having pressure above my eyes, ewę pain and right temple pain. I went to my doctor who trewted me for sinusitis. I completed a round of antibiotics, but am still having the pain in my temple. This pain radiated to around my ear area. Has occurred on both sides of my head. Pain is more like a twinge, more aggravating than anything. Still having these pretty much every day. I still have some sinus symptoms and occasional ear pain. I can take otc motrin, which does help. Being a nurse, i worry about everything. I am worried about a brain tumor, but am having no neurological symptoms. Very worried. Any advice would be great!

Shivmarie
29-05-13, 18:47
A lady after my own heart, I am very much like you with huge brain tumour anxiety, I insisted on the GP doing neuro checks on me as my headaches (very similar to yours) were making me extremely anxious, the only difference is my pain was on the left, but very much similar areas, of course what I should believe myself but don't is that the more we worry the worst it becomes. For peace of mind id to back to your GP and stress your worries and get him to do an exam, it would bring up any abnormalities for sure, it certainly helped me last night, i had such anxiety the nausea yesterday crippled me however I have now found something else I'm anxious about, as us anxious people do. also do you wear glasses? perhaps its an idea to get an eyetest if not? My tension headachey pains were down to my glasses needed changing i got them changed and they subsided for abit, then i started a new job and they came back.xx

jdarlin20
30-05-13, 02:21
Thanks. I do not wear glasses, but am thinking of scheduling an eye exam since i have never had a detailed one.

Shivmarie
30-05-13, 10:29
Thats a good idea, i felt alot better after mine. Could be whats causing all your problems, and the stress is contributing it also, all the best x

jdarlin20
01-06-13, 20:28
I am worried about a brain tumor, but am now scared to go see my GP because I worry about him sending me for a scan and something being wrong. My worst fear ever is something happenning to me and leaving my children without mom. These pains (more like twinges), have happenned since having had these cold s/s. I still have the ear pain, and twinges of pain around my temple area and around my ears. Had a pain today near the bottom left side of the back of my head. Im just extremely worried. Will be setting up an eye exam this week to check that. Still having a little pressure above both eyes around eye brow area as well. Please Pray that I am just paranoid.

hheavenlyangel
03-06-13, 04:43
Jdarlin20, I have chronic sinus problems. Truly, what you're experiencing sounds very much of how I am most of the time. My forehead is tender to touch with a dull ache which radiates out to the temples this ache also radiates over the left side of my scalp, between my eyes where it meets my nose, same things, tender to touch and dull ache which radiates downward, my cheeks are quite often numb - its the most horrible feeling. I feel like someone has literally punched me in the face. I have underdeveloped eustachen tubes which makes it difficult for fluid to drain. It causes so many problems, headaches, earaches, eyeaches and face aches. When I went for a CT scan my sinus' were so congested and it was no wonder I was in so much pain. I live off Codrol Cold and flu, nasonex, antihistamines and nasal rinses just so I can breathe otherwise my nose is constantly blocked and runny and the headaches from the sinus' its just horrible. If you have not long ago had a cold even if it was a month or so ago, I can almost guarantee you just have sinus congestion. Its also a great idea to get your eyes tested. I really don't think its anything to worry about sweetie.

jdarlin20
09-06-13, 14:02
Had an eye exam last week. All was normal. Normal eye pressures, no issues. Still having these twinges of pain/uncomfortable feeling every day. Still worried.

jdarlin20
13-06-13, 13:24
I was told by a PA friend that my ear pain could be from tmj. Could also cause year pain. I have popping in my jaw that I always thought was normal. Any advice?

underthemoon
14-06-13, 00:22
I always worry that I have a brain tumour too. It's horrible. Jdarlin, my jaw feels poppy now, like it needs to click :/

jdarlin20
22-06-13, 20:19
Ok..Still having the pain on both sides of my head. Still occuring every day,several times a day. Eye exam completely normal with normal eye pressures. Going to the dentist in a few weeks for exam also. Pains in my head not like a headache and do occur on both sides. Lasts for a few seconds to a minute. Still very worried. Please offer some advice. All this started the week i was diagnosed with a sinus infection, and still having some nasal congestion, slight sinus pressure. No neurological symptoms. Help!

joelhall
22-06-13, 20:43
It doesn't sounds anything like a brain tumour, or any other type of cancer for that matter. It sounds like a phenomenon called primary stabbing headache (ophthalmodynia periodica) - its less ridiculous sounding name is commonly called 'ice pick' headache. This sually causes short, intense, sharp pain by the eyes and temples. These an be quite worrying if you have not had them before. Although they are commonly associated with loss of consciousness, I have yet to meet anyone with them who has ever passed out.

jdarlin20
22-06-13, 21:10
Thanks. I have heard of these before being a nurse. I just worry about everything. Do u know if there is medicine for these?

joelhall
23-06-13, 12:51
Generally NSAIDs are the common treatment for minor cases, although if they become more serious then you may need a prescription anti-inflammatory.